love my factory radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chezck

Reaction score
i love my factory radio because it doesnt skip like aftermarkets... now i want to upgrade the speakers because they dont sound that good... is like the sounds gets bad the more volume i put... any ideas wich ones will be good but not that expensive? also does any one have the harness information? i need this to install the amp and sub.... also can someone tell me what gauge should i use on a 1600 watts amp and 2, 800 watts speakers? sorry for the many questions, is just that i had a toyota matrix and i used smaller wires and now i want to do the right job... thanks

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An aftermarket HU would solve all of your problems.
I've never had one that skipped and I've had SEVERAL, not sure where you got that from? It would put more power to the speakers which would make them sound better, and you wouldn't have to worry about the harness crap....just plug in the RCA's and connect the remote wire. As for the gauge, with that much power I would definately recommend going with either "0" or "2" gauge. :D

chezck

Reaction score
thank you, yeah i tryed many kinds and i also had lowered cars so it would skip cdsbut factory radios never did

Prest989

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get an aftermarket head unit first and for most, otherwise your not doing your speakers justice. I have four ks60s in my jeep and I love them. I run 2 gauge wire and have no problems w/ it, but I'm only pushing 500 watts of so...

Latest posts

Members online