lots of questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

originalchaps

Reaction score
hi my name is cory im new to the sight and i have a 07 jeep liberty i want to do lift kit wheel spacers and put biger tires on my truck now thees my 3 main questions

lift kit:there one on ebay for 450$ that will bring it up 3 inches will i run into any problems doing this lift???

wheel spacers:now will my tires rub on my fender flairs???is it ******* brakes and hubs??? can i fit biger tires on now cuz they wont rub as much is it ******* the front diff???

biger tires ok well i got stock 235/75r17 and i want to make the truck higher than 3 inches with lift so whats the bigest tires i can fit and what are they going to afect will the 3.7l v6 still spin 31s??? yes i know this will **** with my speedo

last of all does any one know what the dash is like like if i put biger tires on is it digital read or is it read by tirbine off trany???

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have lots to learn
no the flea-bay lift at that price is junk
buy a real lift ,springs and shocks NOT spacers
I am not real sure on the 17" wheel/tire combos
I do know that you can fit a 245/75 R16 ,about the same as a 31 X 10.5
with only OME springs and stock 16" wheels no spacers needed very little rub at very full stuff on the rear
with the gearing of the 42rle you will notice a good drop in "power" with the 31's
anything taller than a 31" od will kill all power and suck down 15 MPG on the highway
unless you regear to 4.10's in the diff's

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lots of the lift kits sag over time, some go back down to stock size within just a year or two!

Im guessing the kit you found was a Rough Country lift... Yeah, it's crap. Rides rough and sags quickly.

The one I've seen with the best reviews is the OME lift, 2".
The Frankenlift is also another good one.
JeepinByAl makes up to a 6" lift I believe but it requires a lot of side work such as relocating things and lengthening brake lines.

Wheel Spacers.. I'd be wary. These cause a lot of problems, and lots of tire shops won't work on your alignment if you have spacers on.

265/75/16 is the biggest you can fit I believe, and that induces some pretty heavy rubbing. You can do a search for pounding pinch welds, this helps a lot, as does bumper cutting.

welcome to the site.

schuraidah

Reaction score
Hi every body
Am new member to the site.
I need a clarification please today it was a windy weather and I was driving my jeep
but suddenly I heard a strong sound coming from the first doors like leack of air
Please is this normal or there is a problem with the doors ruber please I need an answer my jeep 2002 liberty thank you

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hi every body
Am new member to the site.
I need a clarification please today it was a windy weather and I was driving my jeep
but suddenly I heard a strong sound coming from the first doors like leack of air
Please is this normal or there is a problem with the doors ruber please I need an answer my jeep 2002 liberty thank you

Is this the first time you heard this noise?
Does it come and go?
Does this sound of rushing air happen at all speeds?
Or could it just be the wind causing the sound?

We need more information to help diagnose!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Really?
I have them on my TJ
I wheel it very hard and have no issues
Can you prove this?

people say this but no one knows for sure
and people who have them dont have "lots of problems"

Here we go again!

I side with J on this one as well!
Our Rig has them as well and have been on for the last 18 months.
Without any problems what so ever! not to mention that our 2004
still has the factory OEM wheel bearings with 228,841.7 KM 142,195.6
Miles on the odometer!

Minimike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a mechanic for 8 years and I have never seen one problem with spacers. We use to install them on brand new Ford F-150's. Never had a problem, not once (we sold about 20 new trucks a month). Now if you but cheap ones you have have hub-centric issues. But good ones usually have tapered holes to line them up.

GO SPACERS :p

Last edited:

originalchaps

Reaction score
the lift kit has no spacers and whats oem ones worth i want 3 inch or more and the tires i was looking at are 245/65r17 AT and they one and a half inch spacers but can you guys tell me what the oem lift worth and what are a good agresive tire i should get that not going to suck fuel out like a ****

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Go full spring, only cost a little more and will last ten times longer than any of those cheap lifts

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.