Lost Key Fob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fango925

Reaction score
So I've lost my keyfob for my 2006 Liberty. I have a second one and a dumb key to unlock my doors. Could I order a key online with a transponder and have it programmed and cut? Does anyone have any recommendations? Or should I just go to the dealer and shell out the $200+?

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
amazon.com has fobs for cheap and program instructons are all over the Interwebs.....

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need two programmed Fobs(and keys) to self program others.With only 1 you will have to pay someone with a StarScan(or Star Mobile) and access to Chryslers secure site to program a 2nd.

It's not supposed to be cheap and easy,that is the whole point.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like TJKJ said I found out you need 2 to program more. I went to a Mopar dealer to get a second for my Dodge. Wasn't 200 bucks but close.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an uncut one on eBay and had the dealer cut and program it for me when they were performing the rear lower control arm recall. Iirc the key was under $50 and the cut/program cost me $50.

robbeeee

Reaction score
Only if you have two transponder keys. New Transponder key can be programmed but only if you have two transponder keys... If you don't and you need to lay out the bucks for a second key make sure you back yourself up so you don't get gouged next time out...

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
If I was the type of person prone to losing my keys I would rather pay for a third one up front and program it myself than cough up big time at the dealer.