Looking into a jeep liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no complaints at all about the interior. It's no Mercedes, but it's held up very well.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe no mercedes eh? well damn, no jeep for me then, j.k. Im surprised not everyone was turned off by wheels coming off when the ball joint breaks. After the recall on that does that mean it should do that again or is it just a temp fix?

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
_UnLiMiTeD_ said:
hehe no mercedes eh? well damn, no jeep for me then, j.k. Im surprised not everyone was turned off by wheels coming off when the ball joint breaks. After the recall on that does that mean it should do that again or is it just a temp fix?

Basically, you just need to keep an eye on them. Not too bad. Never really scared me to the point of considering getting rid of it. Plus, I heard that since it was a recall, whenever they go bad Jeep has to replace them. I'm not sure how true that it...

And by the way, it's good that you are asking this many questions, it means youre doing your homework.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, chrysler/jeep dont have a good customer service rep, we got a 2002 intrepid R/t in the garage right now, had some probs at the beginnin, like pullin teeth to get them to help us out with it.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
_UnLiMiTeD_ said:
so they still wear out prematuraly? even after being replaced?
The first recalled ones did. All they did was replace them, and add a heat shield. We don't know about the ones they just recently placed in the KJs. They *are* different, but the recall just started, and they haven't all been replaced yet.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well ive knocked out ford escape, rav4 and crv off my list of choices for obvious reasons. Liberty is hangin in there, still love it, despite the critics lol.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
_UnLiMiTeD_ said:
so they still wear out prematuraly? even after being replaced?
The first recalled ones did. All they did was replace them, and add a heat shield. We don't know about the ones they just recently placed in the KJs. They *are* different, but the recall just started, and they haven't all been replaced yet.

And those that have been replaced per the latest recall don't really have many miles on them....so it's too early to tell.

So far though, i'm not seeing any problems being reported, and i've not had any problems on my replaced LBJ's.....however I didn't really have any problems out of my old ones....untill I got it back and realized how much more responsive the steering was.