Longer sway bar links

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
I have a KK with 4” lift (Bilstein 5100’s & OME coil springs) and I’m looking for longer seay bar links.
Either some from another vehicle that work, adjustable links or non-adjustable. I don’t go off-road much, not really looking for quick disconnect but will still use them if it’s the only thing I find.
Jeep JK rear links are a tad bit shorter than KK OEM links

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
4 inches do not really need them in front
Now for the rear you need longer ones for sure plus a longer link for the body to sit square if you are at 4 inches
what all did you use to get 4 inches with OME springs ?
Do you have JBA UCAs ?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a KK with 4 inches of lift also and I can say two things from experience:

1. An adjustable track bar was needed to center the rear axle, so the driveshaft didn’t bang on the gas tank skid/hanger especially off road.

2. Longer rear sway bar links improved the highway ride a lot, especially over bumps. The rear end bounced less with longer links and the ride was less harsh. You may need longer rear brake lines if you go with longer sway bark links, because they allow for more axle down travel. This would probably help off road as well.

JBA used to make extended KK rear sway bar links, which is what I have. (Tom installed them for me several years back.) I can go measure mine if you’d like to be able to search for some similar length ones from other donor vehicles, or maybe fabricate your own.

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
I have JBA UCA’s with the new style ball joint & boot
I have a custom made SPOHN Performance adjustable pan-hard bar installed
I have ordered Crown Automotive custom made SS braided brake hoses.

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
No problems with it so far (knock on wood)
I am buy parts and having parts made to build my own coil-overs though for later down the road.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a really well thought out setup. I have JBA’s (discontinued) adjustable coilovers in the front, using Bilstein 5100’s. Really like them.

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a really well thought out setup. I have JBA’s (discontinued) adjustable coilovers in the front, using Bilstein 5100’s. Really like them.
I was looking at the Bilstein’s as well.
Marlin had mentioned about using Viper springs, but from the image on his website, the part# on the spring itself shows up Eibach.
So i’m trying to figure out what coil springs I need.
But i’ve heard a lot of great things about fox and have seen some KK’s with fox and they look good and seem to have great ride quality

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Bilstein’s as well.
Marlin had mentioned about using Viper springs, but from the image on his website, the part# on the spring itself shows up Eibach.
So i’m trying to figure out what coil springs I need.
But i’ve heard a lot of great things about fox and have seen some KK’s with fox and they look good and seem to have great ride quality
Yeah, Fox shocks have a good reputation and I believe they might have been an option on JBA’s high end lift kits prior to them being discontinued.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sort of dread the day when my coilovers need to be rebuilt, since JBA is no longer making them. Hearing you’re putting together your own makes me optimistic for when that time comes.

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
I sort of dread the day when my coilovers need to be rebuilt, since JBA is no longer making them. Hearing you’re putting together your own makes me optimistic for when that time comes.
I have a buddy who is going to try and fab up the top mounts. I’m going to us the JBA top mount spacer plate I have (just laying around from my old lift) and kinda go by that but without the large center hole.

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
Anyone know what length springs would be need to build fox coilovers?
I’m looking at Eibach and they have a variety between 8 & 18 (I assume Inches)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IG ???

Instgram ?
about as bad as fakebook with some
have they actually built any ?

seems like 2.5 is kind of small, have to remeasure mine
length depends on how the shocks are build and how much thread you have to work with

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a buddy who is going to try and fab up the top mounts. I’m going to us the JBA top mount spacer plate I have (just laying around from my old lift) and kinda go by that but without the large center hole.
Yes just need that for the bolt holes, size, then two ears to mount shock into braced well ( assume it will have a bolt on top ( shock ) just make sure to leave enough room to tighten bolt

Patrick_lang2013

Reaction score
IG ???

Instgram ?
about as bad as fakebook with some
have they actually built any ?

seems like 2.5 is kind of small, have to remeasure mine
length depends on how the shocks are build and how much thread you have to work with
Yes, Instagram. Their are jeep KK and KJ owners on social media....kinda like the forums. The guy has made all of his modifications himself, one of them being him piecing together coil-overs (fox coil-over shocks and Eibach springs) and fabricating his own mounts. (I believe he has a heavier rated spring for his jeep) His jeep looks similar to the one used for your profile picture but with a custom front bumper.
I ask for opinions on forums and social media platforms since their is not really a lot of lifted KK’s and KJ’s (that I know of) where I’m from :)