Locking lug nuts, wheel locks, whatever ya call them...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm really gonna look like a noob on this one. #-o I need to get some locking lug nuts or wheel locks or whatever the heck they're called. It was great yesterday....when my dad got home, he didn't even say anything like congratulations or nice jeep or anything. He just started yelling at me cuz I didn't have locking lug nuts on the spare. What a jerk... [-X ..but that's another issue alltogether so anywho. (Personally, I think he's just pissed cuz he didn't want me getting the jeep in the first place and now that I have the newest car in the family, I get the driveway! \:D/ Lol) What size or pattern or whatever do I need to get? I have a small clue as to how it works, but not much. Any advice on this? My dad is **** retentive and obsessed with this and won't leave me alone til he actually SEES me putting them on the jeep. He made me back the KJ in last night so the spare wouldn't be visible to people passing by on the street and insists it'll be gone by the time I get out of work today! I'm sick of being lectured on how I "have no clue how the real world works." Help!

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ur actually worried about the spare being stolen then u need to replace the bolts that hold the actual frame of the spare on. grogiefrog showed to the right thread to show u what u need. But if ur just getting them to make ur dad hush then just the locking lug will do fine. I just keep my cover on mine and ive never had a problem. But i have went as far as to take the tire off and put it in the truck when i was camping, it was in the middle of no where so i got scared. 8-[

rennie2k5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have both the locking nuts for 5 wheels and the other different nut for behind the spare...got that one on ebay for $7.00...funny thing is, my dad was the one who installed it for me! \:D/

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
got the mopar spare lock (came with her)
mc gard wheel locks from my mechanic (25 bux set of 4)
and that spare mount lock from ebay abuot 7 bux...

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the spare mount lock off ebay, 8 bucks and free shipping! Woohoo! Gonna pick up some wheel locks from my garage today. Thanks all! =)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if enough people buy these tamper proof nuts from ebay for the spare tire holder wouldnt that mean that the key for it is pretty generic? and my release for it would be the same as yours?

how much protection are you really getting??

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
SRotblat said:
if enough people buy these tamper proof nuts from ebay for the spare tire holder wouldnt that mean that the key for it is pretty generic? and my release for it would be the same as yours?

how much protection are you really getting??

yeah....thats true...i did put the original nut back on it..
with or with out..they want it, they'll take it...this'll just prevent the casual fawkers from getting their hands on it

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online