Little assistance please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the Mrs was going out to run some errands this morn and she calls me, Im at work, and says the low oil and check engine lights are on. I tell her to check the oil and it is just below the full line. She restarts it and the oil light is off but the check engine light is still on. Any thoughts. Got to call the dealership and get this taken care of, also need to have them fix a blown speaker that we didnt notice when we test drove it. Guess we overlooked listening to the radio while we drove it.

Forgot to mention, just in case, its an 2005, if that matters.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the check engine light is on find out why with a scan tool which most auto parts stores will do for free. We can speculate but you more than likely have your answer in the computer.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Anytime You get a OBDII Check Engine code, it can be read and the specific code will point to the problemo. Posting or searching the code in forums gets results quick.
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought for under $100 Autel Maxitrip http://www.auteltech.com/4in1.htm that no only reads the codes and turns off CE light, it can do all kinds of stuff and mainly use it for the extra gauges you don't normally see like voltage, Water temp, Intake Air Temp etc etc...
I am not sure if the Key trick works on a 2005 KJ, but....
Without starting the KJ....
Turn the KEY ..ON-OFF-ON-OFF--ON and leave in ON position.
If you get it done at right speed.....it may display the code in THE kJ's digital odometer!
example P00042 may be seen in the jeeps dash odometer then OR DONE if there is no code.

Last edited:

hsb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys. Its still under warranty so Im gonna let the dealership fix what ever the issue is, was just curious if anyone had seen those two lights go on at the same time.

Latest posts

Members online