Lift question 02 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mounting bracket PLUS the bumper itself is not that light weight
But then what do I know, not like I have one or anything or have ever helped install any more :laughing1::laughing1:

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pot calling the kettle black?

Ha! not even close. I'm a KJ newb for the most part, but the simple fact of the matter is that even at that, I've done more mechanically than most members have on them. That's not being big-headed or even arrogant. It's just plain true.

I'm not God's gift to jeep. JBA seems like he thinks he is. I just know my shtuff, and can back that up with facts. If that seems arrogant, so be it. He does too, but just comes across terribly in my opinion.

I would gladly buy from JBA, but over the internet..he looks talked up enough on his site that I just don't feel like talking to anyone there. As stated, I have his upper arms in mine, and it rides/handles like a dream even on 32" MT's.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I get an arb I'm going to post a video of me attempting to put it over my head with one arm. If I can't do it, then I know you surely cant.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, I have. Ironically, the first ARB I ever owned was a wrecked one from a KJ that I fixed up and sold. they are light.
There made out of HSS.To get the same strength from regular sheet steel it would have to be made out of 1/4" thick or thicker and weigh 4 to 5 times as much.They are designed to take kangaroo impacts,and those crush zones on the ,mounting base are designed so you only have to replace either the base plate of cover plate.The cover plate and base plate I believe are 89lbs,not that much lighter then my Rear RL bumper which is mostly 3/16" plate steel.

Like Tom I've relocated a celica's r/r tail light about a foot in,took out a cops Chargers drivers door/window,and bashed it off many rocks and trees with no damage at all besides a few light scratches.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There made out of HSS.To get the same strength from regular sheet steel it would have to be made out of 1/4" thick or thicker and weigh 4 to 5 times as much.They are designed to take kangaroo impacts,and those crush zones on the ,mounting base are designed so you only have to replace either the base plate of cover plate.The cover plate and base plate I believe are 89lbs,not that much lighter then my Rear RL bumper which is mostly 3/16" plate steel.

Like Tom I've relocated a celica's r/r tail light about a foot in,took out a cops Chargers drivers door/window,and bashed it off many rocks and trees with no damage at all besides a few light scratches.

I posted all of that about the design, for one.

for another, you sound like a terrible driver.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for another, you sound like a terrible driver.
The celica was a drunk driver that couldn't make up his mind if he was turning left or right,so I made it for him.The cop ran a stop sign without his emergancy lights on,he said he didn't see me(kinda hard to miss my KJ).And the bashing off rocks and trees,well some of the trails here in CO get pretty narrow.

But then again I do not need to explain because you got your mind set already and most likely will never change.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha! not even close. I'm a KJ newb for the most part, but the simple fact of the matter is that even at that, I've done more mechanically than most members have on them. That's not being big-headed or even arrogant. It's just plain true.

I'm not God's gift to jeep. JBA seems like he thinks he is. I just know my shtuff, and can back that up with facts. If that seems arrogant, so be it. He does too, but just comes across terribly in my opinion.

I would gladly buy from JBA, but over the internet..he looks talked up enough on his site that I just don't feel like talking to anyone there. As stated, I have his upper arms in mine, and it rides/handles like a dream even on 32" MT's.

He knows his shtuff. Period. Name one other who is specializing in IFS jeeps. He can talk all he wants. There's just no other person or place to go to. You'll find nobody nicer and eager to help than him.

That's not being arrogant. It's just plain true.

WickedBruce

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have done more work then most people...but not more than the people you are arguing with.

The amount of knowledge you have still doesn't change the weight of the Arb.....

ckorch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic but anyone got any factory fogs for sale? Can i just wire them up with a universal wire kit? i see the kit on ebay for the fogs and wire harnes and multiswitch but no sure it will work on my ride or not.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to get off topic but anyone got any factory fogs for sale? Can i just wire them up with a universal wire kit? i see the kit on ebay for the fogs and wire harnes and multiswitch but no sure it will work on my ride or not.

I have a set off my 02, no bulbs thought. Pm me if your interested.