Lift parts ????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I bought this lift http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41112

My ? is can I do the clevis lift with this, and maybe a upper spring isolator to give it a little more height? Is the 2" someone stated correct for this lift? Would the 2 (clevis-isolator)give maybe another 1/2" ? I have the new shocks and struts coming with it. Another ?. I currently run 235/65/17 tires. What size could I use without creating rub issues, or should I just stick with this size tire?
Thanks....
Bill

EDIT: will I need new(longer) front bump stops?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes you can do a clevis for some extra lift
To be on the safe side and also not kill your mileage 245-75-16 is a good all around size to go with
Whoops just saw you have 17s , try and stay with about a 30.5 tall tire

Need install help let me know;)

Longer bumpstops is cheap insurance for sure
Teraflex has good ones

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to get them(isolators)? One for each side?
Thanks guys....

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll have to take apart the new/used ones because I opted for the kit with new shocks/struts anyway. I am getting new and old, which the old will have to be broken down....wooohooo. Looks like I'll get plenty of practice :( I'll save around $60 by doing the breakdown myself instead of just buying new isolators.
Thanks...

kjweston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate breaking these struts down.. had to do it twice in a row because i messed up the first time.. gotta learn somehow.

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still curious about max tire size for 17" rims without major rubbing. And also about adding another rear isolator for extra height, or should I just stick with the front clevis lift only and don't bother with the back?

Thanks....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Still curious about max tire size for 17" rims without major rubbing. And also about adding another rear isolator for extra height, or should I just stick with the front clevis lift only and don't bother with the back?

Thanks....

With a used lift its kind of hard to say how much it has sagged and then how much you will need to make it sit level or do you want the KJ rake sloping to the front. If it was a new set of OMEs easy answer but not with used. It would be easy to add one isolator to the rear, 25/30 minutes max .
tires like I said above stay in the 30 to 30.5 inch tall tire and you will be fine overall

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right now my tires are 29.27" = 235/65/17, so to get around 30.5" would be 235/75/17 comes out around 30.8", or 245/70/17 = 30.5". Changing my tire size that much would only give me half the actual lift anyway. Now to try and find good tires that are made in those sizes and not kill my pocket. I think I'll wait on the rear isolators to see how the lift comes out. I can always add them later. Thanks for your help ;)

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Right now my tires are 29.27" = 235/65/17, so to get around 30.5" would be 235/75/17 comes out around 30.8", or 245/70/17 = 30.5". Changing my tire size that much would only give me half the actual lift anyway. Now to try and find good tires that are made in those sizes and not kill my pocket. I think I'll wait on the rear isolators to see how the lift comes out. I can always add them later. Thanks for your help ;)

Try these folks:http://www.treadwright.com/

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome tire selection except they only offer 1 tire for the sizes I need.
Thanks

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got some hockey pucks 2day, man were they a pain to find around me(cheap anyway), paid $6.23 for 4 :) Should get my terraflex front bumpstops 2morrow. I'm doing the lift this weekend, so I'll post that when it's complete. Thanks again for every1's thoughts.

Tommudd: how did you install the pucks? I know drill hole through them and the bottom perch, but did you use a screw, or nuts and bolts?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What he said that guy that posted above me :D:D:DI always use a bolt in case I want to take them off some use carriage bolts but then they are hard to remove if rusted.

I buy all of my pucks from ***** Sporting Goods, for like 89 cents each

Oh not sure if you know but drill the hole first, install the spring then reach through and put the Hockey pucks and bolt in works great. I know I got one phone call and the person bolted in the two HPs and then tried to install the spring, didn't work so well

Last edited:

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony, nice pic ;)
Tom, I tried several Dick's stores around me and none had them. I wasn't driving 40 miles for pucks;) I even tried Kent State ice rink. They wanted $5 each. I ended up getting them for $1.50 each, so it worked out. Do you guys countersink the top puck?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tony, nice pic ;)
Tom, I tried several Dick's stores around me and none had them. I wasn't driving 40 miles for pucks;) I even tried Kent State ice rink. They wanted $5 each. I ended up getting them for $1.50 each, so it worked out. Do you guys countersink the top puck?

I did on a couple of the lifts but on mine the last time no, the top of the bolt sticking up there is not going to hurt the stock bump stop ( I run the bolt down through with the nut on the bottom)

OHIO04KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I really like those cooper tires. Had a real nice set of 35's on my old K5.

Members online

No members online now.