Lift Kit Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2nd03liberty

Reaction score
I’ll be measuring later on today. Warm her up this afternoon. Cold morning -50. But she starts no problem. Resilient beast lol. I’m waiting on my tail pipe in the mail. Previous owner didn’t attend to it. Then get it in for control arms all around changed. Alignments. Ask him to measure my shock for me compressed, etc. so I can order all around shocks. But like you said Tom I’ll measure this afternoon. See how much from sagged over the years.
Do you have a block heater for ambient temperatures that low? That's flippin cold. What weight oil do you use?

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Do you have a block heater for ambient temperatures that low? That's flippin cold. What weight oil do you use?
Yes my Jeep has block heaters installed. It is frigid right now man. Brutal. Right now for the winter season I am using Ams Oil 0w-30 until it warms up again. Maybe two more months of below zero temps.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ll be measuring later on today. Warm her up this afternoon. Cold morning -50. But she starts no problem. Resilient beast lol. I’m waiting on my tail pipe in the mail. Previous owner didn’t attend to it. Then get it in for control arms all around changed. Alignments. Ask him to measure my shock for me compressed, etc. so I can order all around shocks. But like you said Tom I’ll measure this afternoon. See how much from sagged over the years.
Measure your shock ???
No need when you give specs we can then tell how high you are sitting and know what would work best

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Measure your shock ???
No need when you give specs we can then tell how high you are sitting and know what would work best
I’ll be measuring soon. Wife is off work in a moment. Truck is warming up. Go out it on the road and take the measurement and will show a picture of the measurement for you Tom.

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Measure your shock ???
So right about 21” dead on almost.

Attachments

• E829A370-1673-493E-8F41-82333BDC01D1.jpeg
    E829A370-1673-493E-8F41-82333BDC01D1.jpeg
    330.1 KB · Views: 12

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Awesome Tom Mudd. I went to your page a few times. I know who to go to now for my Jeep.

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Hey Tom. Just wondering if you thought about my shocks overnight? I want to keep it about 2.5 “ lift. I know you suggested Bilstien. Can I get part numbers from you. And coils also too. Please. Your the best.
2 inches of lift
sagged 1/2 , without knowing age of springs not too bad
So let me think a minute on right shock length for the rear

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Tom. Just wondering if you thought about my shocks overnight? I want to keep it about 2.5 “ lift. I know you suggested Bilstien. Can I get part numbers from you. And coils also too. Please. Your the best.
I have a real job so been there and not at my computer LOL
Should be , retired 3 times so far and now working another job : )
rear OME coils for a KJ are 948s
IF and a big IF you have rear bumpstops in go for the Bilsteins 24-185660

NorthernGuy93

Reaction score
Thanks. Sounds like your a great guy to work with. Comes back from retirement 3 times. 3rd times a charm hey. And then this online stuff. Thanks a lot. Your a great help.

Latest posts

Members online