Liberty Tire Weight?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The stock 16x7 alloy with a OEM SRA(235/70R16) is about 45lbs total.The rear swing gate tire carrier is only rated for 50lbs.

ThunderbirdJunkie + about 20 pounds for the wheel
That would make a 16x7 OEM cast alloy rim only about 8lbs less them my 15x10 steel rims,not really seeing that being true.

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone hav a good guess on how much a BFG A/T in stock size weighs?

Are the steel sport rims lighter than the cast aluminum rims?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Depends on what that particular tire is rated also. Tire with C rating would be lighter than that which is E rated...

My E rated tires are kinda heavy...

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, steel is not lighter than aluminum. My 16x8 cragars weighed an amazing 40lbs by them selves. With the tire it was around 75lbs which was too much for me. My moab combo weighs 50-55lbs total.

Far as I know the 15x8 steel rims weigh a bit less than my 16x8's did.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, steel is not lighter than aluminum. My 16x8 cragars weighed an amazing 40lbs by them selves. With the tire it was around 75lbs which was too much for me. My moab combo weighs 50-55lbs total.

Far as I know the 15x8 steel rims weigh a bit less than my 16x8's did.
Those 16x8 Cragers are 26lbs each.

Cast aluminum rims are the lightest,forged aluminum rims are heavier and almost as heavy as a steel rim in the same size.

Boiler

Reaction score
Weight of rims is going to vary widely based on the construction of the rim AND the material. Just about any place you buy rims or tires has spec sheets with weight included.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to know the weight of a particular tire, go on the mfg website and they'll have it by load rating and size.

I compared several when I was buying my Toyos.