Liberty Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cogus

Reaction score
We have a 2003 Liberty Sport. It has about 41,000 miles on a fully rebuilt engine. The car has 340,000 miles total. I have been doing some repairs and replacement of regular parts. About 5 weeks ago, my wife noticed a loud rattle upon starting. I replaced the starter, thinking the bendix was sticking, it was not that. It only makes this noise when it has been sitting for a while, after 1/2 to 1 hour. I am unable to find the source. Can anyone help?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Cogus.

Not sure about the noise but I'm bumping the thread up so more people will see the thread.

Dave

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine rattles a bit. I believe someone said there's a heat shield over the catalytic converter that likes to rattle/get a bit loose. I'm thinking maybe that's the issue?

Welcome by the way!

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard brother. Hope you figure it out soon, share here what you found out.

Jbergun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome congrats on the 300k+ miles. Be sure its only doing this on startup maybe you just dont hear it as much when you drive.

ronnieslone54

Reaction score
I just bought a 2003 Jeep liberty 4x4. I was wondering what other vehicles with the 4.5" rims would fit

Latest posts

Members online