liberty and altima gas mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there big differents in gas mileage in jeep liberty and altima or is there small diffrence in gas mileage because might stop driving my liberty and drive my altima just want know from you guys?

richd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there big differents in gas mileage in jeep liberty and altima or is there small diffrence in gas mileage because might stop driving my liberty and drive my altima just want know from you guys?

The Liberty IMO is a gas hog.The Altima should be alot better.I drive my Charger over the Liberty because of mileage,plus I like my Charger 10times better then the Liberty.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah man took altima today out same miles gas didn't even move when take liberty burn more then gal of gas that why i am asking?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha altima weighs probably 1000 pounds less then the liberty. it will take a lot less gas to drive the altima. the liberty has bad milage because of the weight and aerodynamics

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do right for liberty to get good gas mileage right?

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do right for liberty to get good gas mileage right?

Aside from modulating your driving, not much. You might get a fancy-schmancy filter like a K&N which may breathe a hair better. But again, you're talking about making poor gas mileage not quite as poor. You may get an extra mpg or something out of it.

Don't gun it at lights, start gently and use cruise control on the highway.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is someone on another Jeep forum that claims 2MPG better since switching to synthetic oil.

theres a lot of things to get your liberty running as good as it can, odds are he didnt gain 2 mpgs, and if it did it was because what he was running before was really poor quality

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I added a freer flowing Amsoil air filter and Flowmaster 50 muffler in hopes of getting a bit more mileage/power, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

You might try looking up both vehicles here:

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

They show 18 City / 22 Hwy / 20 combined for the 3.7L Auto 4x4. I was getting around 18 combined when I was tracking it.

The numbers aren't always real-world accurate but it could give you an idea for comparison between the two vehicles.

Dave

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for size of the jeep liberty and 4wheel drive jeep is it getting good gasmileage then other suv in it class?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for size of the jeep liberty and 4wheel drive jeep is it getting good gasmileage then other suv in it class?
Not lumping in those car based FWD with rear wheel assist SUV's that seem to get compared to the KJ/KK(CRV,Rav4,Escape) there are really only 2 other vehciles in the same group as the KJ/KK,the LR3 and the H3(both are purpose built SUV's with true 4wd) and they get the same if not worse MPG's.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^ Yup, you can'T compare a car to a jeep (or a 4wd capable vehicle with a t-case and 4lo to a car)

I have a car and also a jeep and there is no comparison whatsoever.

Dave