Libby designation ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking over my build sheet, and was wondering if I'm able to tell what designation it is, I know it is not a renegade/special edition/ or limited, all I know is it is a sport... any idea's fella's?

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, didn't see any designation there of what version it is......kinda flustered????

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I was looking over my build sheet, and was wondering if I'm able to tell what designation it is, I know it is not a renegade/special edition/ or limited, all I know is it is a sport... any idea's fella's?

Exactly what are you asking here? I am kinda confused. I think others may be too.

Your Jeep is a KJ?

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry if I made it a bit confusing, and yes I do own a KJ, I was trying to determine what the difference was from the sport and limited edition models of liberty's that were manufactured in 2007, considering in 2007 Jeep dropped the renegade model. I'm pretty sure I have just the sport model, considering I don't see any where on it that would designate it the LTD edition.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bumpers and flares are just gray and are unpainted, does that mean it is the sport?

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Some people place so much importance on Limited, Renegade, etc.... It is nothing but the appearance package.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Some people place so much importance on Limited, Renegade, etc.... It is nothing but the appearance package.

You can say that again. Despite how much one overpaid for that appearance package, they *still* drive the *same* vehicle as the one who didn't overpay for that appearance package. :) Can't tell them that though, especially the uppity ones. :D

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be completely honest, I'm happy with my sport, I can actually add what I want to it, and can make it the way I like it, pretty much like what I did with my RC, everyone has thier own likes and dislikes and taste as well. My libby is the first one I test drove and I loved it, therefore I purchased it, considering the low miles, and the killer deal I got on it as well. Now I'm able to add tow hooks, ect, as I please.....but you are right about how some people place so much importance into the " Appearance package"

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I purchased my Renegade new in '05 I walked into the dealership not even sure what I was going to buy. I was just looking to unload a beast of a Dodge Ram 4 X 4 pickup that got 2 telephone poles to the gallon, and get something 4 wheel drive that was easier on gas. My first thought was a Dakota, and wasn't even thinking Jeep since I knew they weren't making pickups anymore.
The salesman suggested that if I wasn't dead set on another pickup that I look over a Jeep Liberty, and that he had a few '05 leftovers he'd make me a real good deal on....(this was in October of '05 and the '06 was already out)
First one he brought out was a silver Renny with the light bar, and I didn't want the light bar because I planned to carry surfboards on a roof rack and was worried the boards would hit the lights. So he wheeled out the dark khaki Renny without the light bar, I drove it, liked it a lot, and made the purchase. Didn't know a Renegade from a Sport or a Limited at the time, just liked the looks, color, and feel of the one he showed me and bought it.
It wasn't until a few months ago when I started trolling this and the LOST forum did I start to understand the various appearance packages, and accessories available for Jeep Liberty's......

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason I got LTD is because I wanted leather...

I heard you were into leather HoosierJeeper :p

I believe the Limited Liberty's had the part time/full time 4WD selection and the Renegades had the special fender flares, roof light bar and all the skids & tow points.

I have an 04 Sport and find it just great even with the part time 4WD. You just have to add all the skids & tow points.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
light bar was not standard, trust me i know, i have a sunroof, fender flares, and front two points, no skids and no light bar. An i did purchase the Renegade for its look. i researched them on cars.com in my area, but being it was last september the inventory locally was slim. I wanted one with the light bar, but after finding them in colors i didnt like, or higher mileage, etc i opted for the one i got with no light bar, im a wheelin virgin, so at that time i didnt even know what skid plates were, therefore i never checked for them. All i knew is i had been wanting a Jeep all my life, as a teenager i always wanted the Wrangler, and i settled for a geo Tracker LOL, i figured same concept, convertible in the summer and 4wd in the winter, i had two of them, then i went about 10 yrs without a vehicle because of my work vehicle i didnt need one. when the Kj came out i feel in love with it and had been wanting one ever since. Had they not changed to the KK i would have bought my KJ new last yr.

Last edited:

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard you were into leather HoosierJeeper :p

I believe the Limited Liberty's had the part time/full time 4WD selection and the Renegades had the special fender flares, roof light bar and all the skids & tow points.

I have an 04 Sport and find it just great even with the part time 4WD. You just have to add all the skids & tow points.

Not all Renegades.....

Mine came without the roof lights or skids, did have the rock rails and tow hooks, but none of the other items, and I do wish it did have the skids....

BTW....my Renny also has cruise control, don't think that was exclusive to the LTD......

Latest posts

Members online