Lesson learned with TPSM's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a set of nice 16" 03 Renegade rims to replace the factory 17's on my 05 Limited when I get my lift done. I took the rims and new tires to the shop to get mounted and asked if the sensors from those 03 wheels be ok on my 05. He looked at his computer and said they were different. :thumbsdown:

So, I came home and looked online, and sure enough, 05-12 are the same, but before that wont work. I didn't want to spend a ton of money on these things as I really don't care about it. But I also don't want a light on the dash. I found a set of 5 used ones on ebay for $62 shipped. The reason I didn't use the ones off my 17's is because I plan on selling them with the good tires that are on them. So, another little stumbling block in my quest to get this thing lifted with larger tires after finding out today the front springs didn't show up with my OME lift. :emotions34:

Last edited:

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If those sensors you bought have been sitting a while, don't give up on them if a tire comes and goes on the evic display (blanks out) and sometimes throws the check tire light on. I bought a 2005 that had been sitting since June and it did that from the start and then slowly got better and now is perfect. I chalked it up to tire movement cleaning off the battery contacts (kind of like spinning the batteries in your remote). They work fine now.....

SeventyGTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mark. I know they have to be "trained" to my vehicle. But if they act up, I will keep driving it and hopefully they work fine. Coming from a wrecking yard, I'm sure they have sat a long time.

Latest posts

Members online