LED Tails - Source?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to replace all the rears lamps with LED - Tail,brake,3rd brake and turn.

Any recommended source and/or brand?

- 05 -

Elliott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want plug and play look at diode dynamics...if you don't mind hardwiring your lights then the v3 tritons from vleds are nice but I'm not sure they are any better than DD and might not even be as good.

KJmurf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got two-3157 (reverse) 7.5watt CREE bulbs (about 200 lumen each) on eBay for $9.99+free shipping. It's like having 2 flashlights sticking out the rear of my KJ. I wanted to start with something inexpensive, and if it worked, move on to the rest.
I would just take some time looking around eBay. I looked at the same (wattage and lumen output-not brand) and found them to be $20 each. No way in H3!! am I paying that much for light bulbs. Anyway check it out and make sure the wattage is close or the same as incandescent and make sure they are CREE bulbs (they just seem to be better).

Disclaimer Warning: Just my opinion, I am no expert, please do not crawl all up in my a$$ about led lightbulbs. It's just not that important. Thank you...enjoy.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being that you'll need multi-filament equivalents, you'll probably need to replace the whole housing.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being that you'll need multi-filament equivalents, you'll probably need to replace the whole housing.
Not at all.

The best source is superbriteleds.com.Been running there bulbs for years with zero issues.I also do not run LED's in the turn signals since I'm to lazy to wire in load resisters and you can not use commercially available LED flasher relays in a KJ(or my Town Car,stupid computer controlled lights).

brando26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year kj do you have? In my wifes 06 with 4 flashing bulbs I was able to modify the hazard button with a resistor to handle the whole load and have zero issues.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ohio-white-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine's an '05, I have no issue with adding a resistor. I just have the 2 amber flashing turn signals, do some flash 4? Never noticed.

brando26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 in front 2 in back. Earlier kjs do 6. Apparently the hazard mod only fully works on the 4 flashing bulbs.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk