Led headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went out to check my voltage and reading 14.08 on the high beams. So I don't think the voltage is the issue. I've got some rough country leds coming in tomorrow to be my new "high beams" and if they work out and all I may get some of the g2 LEDs. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the retrofit projectors and not trying to spend that kind of money anyways I think I'd try an hid conversion first but thank you anyways. You know my night vision may be going out. I do have a hard time seeing in the rain in the dark the middle line disappears totally with oncoming traffic. So we'll see how it all goes and if I'm gonna need some more lovely lighting upgrades in the near future. Thank you all for your advice and I'll let you know.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just went out to check my voltage and reading 14.08 on the high beams. So I don't think the voltage is the issue. I've got some rough country leds coming in tomorrow to be my new "high beams" and if they work out and all I may get some of the g2 LEDs. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the retrofit projectors and not trying to spend that kind of money anyways I think I'd try an hid conversion first but thank you anyways. You know my night vision may be going out. I do have a hard time seeing in the rain in the dark the middle line disappears totally with oncoming traffic. So we'll see how it all goes and if I'm gonna need some more lovely lighting upgrades in the near future. Thank you all for your advice and I'll let you know.

Good driving lights help a lot , Rigid is even making LED driving lights to use on road , but I run Hellas, have them on switch to cut them off when oncoming traffic is on the road and kick back on after they pass . Those with Phillips extreme headlight bulbs do great

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. Those with Phillips extreme headlight bulbs do great

I tried those in brand new MOPAR headlight assemblies and gotta say they didn't do to well.My 9 year old Hella 9007's were twice as bright still when I put them back in until my Vision X LED's came in.

They make excellent LED's and HID's but for halogen headlights they kinda suck.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about fitting a set of jw speaker headlights into the jeep grill.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO they wouldn’t even be worth the $500+ they’re usually sold for.. ugly and have never seen down road pics of them after install, owners seem to disappear from this site when asked for the pics that aren’t in front of their garage door :gr_grin:

Hey now..... :happy175:

I tried taking pictures of the beam down road on mine but my camera would not pick up on the drastic improvement over the halogens.

They ended up being so crappy that's why I'm currently retrofitting a new set into my Ford Escape. :icon_razz:

In case anyone hasn't seen:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f231/how-bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-7-0-install-59675/ <------ click

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about fitting a set of jw speaker headlights into the jeep grill.

:emotions34: many have stated that they are going to go about this, and if you read around you’ll see that our headlights are not 7”, they’re 7.25” if I remember correctly so those will not work.. you’d have a gap all the way around the headlight and if you’ve ever seen JK ones they’re a completely different style
Ours are flat in the front and from top to bottom they angle out- JK ones have a perfectly round perimeter and convex in shape so I‎t just wouldn’t look right

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:emotions34: many have stated that they are going to go about this, and if you read around you’ll see that our headlights are not 7”, they’re 7.25” if I remember correctly so those will not work.. you’d have a gap all the way around the headlight and if you’ve ever seen JK ones they’re a completely different style
Ours are flat in the front and from top to bottom they angle out- JK ones have a perfectly round perimeter and convex in shape so I‎t just wouldn’t look right

i can't say that an 1/8" gap around the headlight would bother me much if it meat having much nicer lights. same goes for looks, if the sit too far back i can make an adapter to push them out a bit.

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey now..... :happy175:

I tried taking pictures of the beam down road on mine but my camera would not pick up on the drastic improvement over the halogens.

They ended up being so crappy that's why I'm currently retrofitting a new set into my Ford Escape. :icon_razz:

In case anyone hasn't seen:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f231/how-bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-h1-7-0-install-59675/ <------ click

Exactly what I was going for / to do.
Since the stock reflector isn't being used wonder what it would look like painted satin black....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly what I was going for / to do.
Since the stock reflector isn't being used wonder what it would look like painted satin black....

Seen it done, looks like a KJ with two black eyes, in other words,.... like crap

Aceofspades

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah unfortunately some vehicles just don't pull off the look after a retro fit. Some cars it's looks amazing aka my Spyder

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can't say that an 1/8" gap around the headlight would bother me much if it meat having much nicer lights. same goes for looks, if the sit too far back i can make an adapter to push them out a bit.

:popcorn:

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the rough country's installed, just need to wire them into my high beam fuse and can't say I need my sunglasses at night, but they definitely fill in the gaps my beams don't. Still gonna get the g2's in the near future.

7" wranglers, I would love if someone made an adapter so I could fit some on my jeep. As stated above so what about a 1/8" gap. And yes our lenses angle outward and you won't be able to aim the 7" out then you will be able to see the sides of the roads but not the roads. I'm sure they can get looking pretty straight and decent in there. I would love to see a kit exist.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Got the rough country's installed, just need to wire them into my high beam fuse and can't say I need my sunglasses at night, but they definitely fill in the gaps my beams don't. Still gonna get the g2's in the near future.

7" wranglers, I would love if someone made an adapter so I could fit some on my jeep. As stated above so what about a 1/8" gap. And yes our lenses angle outward and you won't be able to aim the 7" out then you will be able to see the sides of the roads but not the roads. I'm sure they can get looking pretty straight and decent in there. I would love to see a kit exist.

Patience,.......I know for a fact there is a kit being developed, as with bumpers, well with any modifications, lots of background work being done so they are plug and play, easy for anyone to install and look good as well.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And again, no one posts pictures of what is undoubtedly a major visual change to their Jeep...

<using imagination>

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, here are a couple
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

SO you blocked the factory aux lights? Or did you just have the grilles in there and no factory-installed lights at all?

Those should put a good amount of usable light in front of you.. I'm not a fan of the cool blue color temp of lights such as that, much prefer neutral white myself, but that'll do.

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks.

SO you blocked the factory aux lights? Or did you just have the grilles in there and no factory-installed lights at all?

Those should put a good amount of usable light in front of you.. I'm not a fan of the cool blue color temp of lights such as that, much prefer neutral white myself, but that'll do.

Well I originally had some Hellas 500 spot lights but busted 1 on a vine on the street so took them off and bought the oem fogs which were okay at best and just put the rough countries in the location I had the Hellas. I almost put them up on my cowl but maybe in the future if I find something else to put up front.