Leaking by Front Driver and Passenger floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robcamposss

Reaction score
I am a new KJ owner. I just got my KJ about a week ago. Noticed the front passenger carpet was wet i pulled the carpet back inspected the area and found a small pencil eraser size rust spot. when i ran water it leaked a little. i sealed that up and thought that was the end. following day there was more water build up. i heard about the A/C causing leaks so i pulled the carpet back ran the A/C and watch no water come in and the water dripped out the drain by the engine. after running water on the car i noticed some water leaking down the passenger side upright on the passenger side it was dripping behind where the fuse plate comes off.still the carpet seemed wet deeper under the dash. i also checked the driver side just because i was curious and saw water there to. it seems like it is coming from under the dash but im not sure. basically i am lost. :shrug: i don't know where the water is coming from. windshield seems to be in good shape, no more rust spots, but still getting water. if anyone has ideas/methods to finding where this water is coming from i would really appreciate it. i am beyond excited about my new KJ and just want this issue solved.
THANK YOU

robcamposss

Reaction score
yes i do have a sun roof. this morning i did end up finding a windshield leak so im gonna fix that. but the windshield seems to leak on to the passenger side still can't find out why the driver side is wet. i took someones advice and pulled up the carpets and sprinkled baby powder on the floor (to help trace the leak) then soaked the car with a hose but only found the windshield leak. my rear seat carpet is damp to but im assuming thats just from the water moving toward the back.

doolop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also look at where the wires come in from the door. If the rubber is cracked or just not seated right it leaks straight to the floor inside the door frame.

Sent by using tin cans and string

robcamposss

Reaction score
Sounds like the sunroof drains are clogged.

yea i sealed the windshield and it got better but after some more research i determine it was probly the drains being clogged. im going to unclog them today and see how that work. hopefully thats the issue