Larger tyre size without lift?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I live in Turkiye and those kits are sold by people who don't ship internationally.
I need a kit that can be provided internationally.

I'll appreciate it if you recommend a good kit that can be found on int.trade sites like Ebay or vice versa.

OME is world wide so you should be able to find a dealer somewhere. I have read about people in Russia getting OME springs etc before. When I was in Tanzania I stopped at a off road shop that could get OME suspensions in.

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME is world wide so you should be able to find a dealer somewhere. I have read about people in Russia getting OME springs etc before. When I was in Tanzania I stopped at a off road shop that could get OME suspensions in.

Well.. How it happens here: You ask for a part at the dealer. The dealer tells you they don't have that part in stock. Then he imports that part from another country for, say $100. And installs it for $500.

I don't even want to guess what they would charge me for a $1000 suspension kit.

Sad, but this is how it happens. And I'm really sick of it.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Well.. How it happens here: You ask for a part at the dealer. The dealer tells you they don't have that part in stock. Then he imports that part from another country for, say $100. And installs it for $500.

I don't even want to guess what they would charge me for a $1000 suspension kit.

Sad, but this is how it happens. And I'm really sick of it.

Just order it off the web and have it shipped????

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Good day,

I searched the ARB Australia website just now, and used their "International Store locater" for Turkey...
http://www.arb.com.au/stores/worldwide.php
And found this company that carries the ARB stock list!
(Which of course includes Old Man Emu coil springs and
shocks)

Tar Ottomotive
Bostanci Sanayi Siteci
Doganbey Caddesi No. 38/A
Icerenkoy Istanbul, Turkey
Phone number: +216 574 6993

Perhaps you might have some success there for a lift for your KJ!

Cheers
Ry'

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just order it off the web and have it shipped????

I tried that, but some of them don't ship internationally, and others don't reply to my e-mails.

Good day,

I searched the ARB Australia website just now, and used their "International Store locater" for Turkey...
http://www.arb.com.au/stores/worldwide.php
And found this company that carries the ARB stock list!
(Which of course includes Old Man Emu coil springs and
shocks)

Tar Ottomotive
Bostanci Sanayi Siteci
Doganbey Caddesi No. 38/A
Icerenkoy Istanbul, Turkey
Phone number: +216 574 6993

Perhaps you might have some success there for a lift for your KJ!

Cheers
Ry'

Ryan, thanks a lot, I really appreciate your help.

Unfortunately, this is all that dealer has:
http://tarotomotiv.sahibinden.com/index.php?b[custom_cat]=85519

Two Skyjacker kits, for Grand Cherokee and XJ.
One of them $1250 and the other $1650..

Last edited:

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BTW, is a Renegade's fender width equal to other Liberty (sport/limited)fenders?

After all, what I actually want is larger tyres, like 30.5" (245/75/16 or 265/70/16), not the lift itself, if not necessary..

Last edited:

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Well, 245/70/16 is about all you are going to get stock. You could get a touch of lift for little cash by looking at the clevis spacer's some cobble together along with a few factory isolators on the rear. Or maybe contacting Boiler on this site or LOST to see if he can mail you some top spacers. It wouldn't be like a large lift, but it may help gice you the look you want.

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a top plate spacer or clevis and some rear iso's you could gain an 1" and that would allow a slightly larger tire. You can do that for less than $100. If you can get some one here to assist in shipping them to you... it would be worth your while. You can put those on yourself with minimal tools... maybe a fat kid to stand on your axle to drop the rear springs, most fat kids would do it for a candy bar! SHOCKED.gif

Keith

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
BUT...if you have over 30,000 miles or so that 1 inch lift may just get you back up to stock height;)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
NO on the 4WD Hardware one

BDS way better, you know you need front shocks and bumpstops as well
or OME springs and Rancho shocks for about the same

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDS has just replied to my inquiry, and yes, I finally found someone shipping internationally!

I'm about to order this BDS kit ($473) plus 2 front shocks and bumpstops:
http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/442H

That's all I need, right? Anything else I should include?

TexasRock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe grab some 1/2" washers for the rear upper shock mount in case the rattle... some 2" conduit nuts for the front clevis if it doesn't sit level...

Are you going to have a shop assemble your struts? If not, you will need a strut compressor for the front...

Mmm... a bag of doritos and a 6 pack and you should be set... just post some PICS!!

uctke283

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDS has just replied to my inquiry, and yes, I finally found someone shipping internationally!

I'm about to order this BDS kit ($473) plus 2 front shocks and bumpstops:
http://www.bds-suspension.com/kits/442H

That's all I need, right? Anything else I should include?

That is probably the same one I ordered ( the link isn't working now) I ordered bilstein front shocks for mine. I also got teraflex bumpstops for the front.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Total price the BDS will be a little cheaper maybe
I like the OME springs since I got over 100,000 miles out of the first set , OME shocks not so fond of, but they are way better than stock but softer than say Ranchos.

NOW what spring rate were you looking at with the OMEs?

You do know that the BDS front spring rate is 435 lb compared to the OME Heavy Duty 927s which are 400 something to think about. I have been thinking of getting a set of their springs to test to see what mods can work with them for more .....lift:eek:

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NOW what spring rate were you looking at with the OMEs?

You do know that the BDS front spring rate is 435 lb compared to the OME Heavy Duty 927s which are 400 something to think about.

Tom, I do not have sufficient knowledge about this. But if "spring rate" means the amount of load needed to compress the springs, then I could say I'm not going to carry more than 2-4 people and a suitcase:) So a medium load set would be ok I guess?

I'm also concerned about the amount of lift (1.5" or 2") would suffice to use 245/75/16 or 265/70/16 tires without any rubbing.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You will get more than 1.5 inches out of the OME HDs or the BDS setup. more like 2.5 I would say at least, plus you can always do a clevis. 2.5 should be enough for the 245-75s depending on tread pattern and make

resistance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDS has just emailed me and told that they dont have front struts for the Liberty.
Now I have to find someone selling struts who can ship to my location:(