kj wont start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepinjim93

Reaction score
hey guys, i know theres probably an answer on here somewere but im having trouble finding it. we just got our kj back from the shop yesterday after having the transmission rebuilt. we drove it acouple times yesterday and i drove it to work this morning and all seemed fine. went to leave and now it wont start. tried to give it a jump, but the battery does not seem to draw any power from running vehicle. the electronics in the interior work just fine, but when you turn the key it does nothing, no ticking, just complete silence. any ideas?

jeepinjim93

Reaction score
alrighty ill check that too, i was just thinking maybe when they rebuilt the htranny maybe they had to disconnect the starter and didnt tighten it back up all they way or something just a thought

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alrighty ill check that too, i was just thinking maybe when they rebuilt the htranny maybe they had to disconnect the starter and didnt tighten it back up all they way or something just a thought

Check the actuator pin but there are several plugs on the transmission that they may have not put back firmly...the one connector checks that you are in "Park" and stops the Starter Relay from energizing if it is not in Park.

You can put the Jeep in Park...so you do run yourself over....ignition turned ON...remove the Starter Relay and briefly jumper pins 30 and 87 in the relay socket...the engine should start provided fuse 8 (40 Amp) under the hood is OK. This will not prove whether the problem is the actuator pin or the "Park" switch on the transmission as jumping the pins 30 and 87 bypasses both items!

Latest posts

Members online