KJ snowplow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How low does it have the front sitting compared to without it being on? Just curious is all. . I would love to get a plow for mine just to save my old man back from shoveling this winter. I'm to poor though.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry but after having a plow on a CJ5 and a 69 Bronco I'd never have one except on a 3/4 ton pickup or more
Even a small paved lot/driveway they still take a beating if used very much

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
How low does it have the front sitting compared to without it being on? Just curious is all. . I would love to get a plow for mine just to save my old man back from shoveling this winter. I'm to poor though.

Get a snow blower man! Get a 22"-26", that will give you a wide path while being agile enough for sidewalks and other tighter spots. :D

Sorry for the thread jack!

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a snow blower man! Get a 22"-26", that will give you a wide path while being agile enough for sidewalks and other tighter spots. :D

Sorry for the thread jack!

HJ, coulda used one of those today - 4 inches of wet lake effect snow around here. And I haven't even raked up the last of the leaves. Shoot, not all the leaves are even off the trees! :shrug:

Bob

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry but after having a plow on a CJ5 and a 69 Bronco I'd never have one except on a 3/4 ton pickup or more
Even a small paved lot/driveway they still take a beating if used very much

We've had various 6.5' plows on MJ's and XJ's from Western to Meyer, all heavier than this, over the last 20 years in my family. I have yet to replace ANY part due to "premature wear" as a result of having a plow on them.

Anything that was replaced was due to being original on a 20+ year old vehicle. Failures are expected.

You must be ******* your plows if you have had that experience. You also had a CJ5 and a Bronco, so that's pretty much enough said...they ride like bricks and wear for crap anyways.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad that a plowing KJ wouldn't cut it over here :( to much snow :D Nice looking set up you have and I hope you will enjoy it.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
HJ, coulda used one of those today - 4 inches of wet lake effect snow around here. And I haven't even raked up the last of the leaves. Shoot, not all the leaves are even off the trees! :shrug:

Bob

Mine likes the wet stuff! :evillol: Actually made all last season without breaking a shear pin!

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad that a plowing KJ wouldn't cut it over here :( to much snow :D Nice looking set up you have and I hope you will enjoy it.

Too much? no such thing. I ran my MJ through after a blizzard on my 1.5 mile driveway plus cow yard. Most of the drive was 4' deep. Had to jump out a second story window into a drift so I could shovel out the door to the house in order to get out.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score

He posted 1.3in with the plow up.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too much? no such thing. I ran my MJ through after a blizzard on my 1.5 mile driveway plus cow yard. Most of the drive was 4' deep. Had to jump out a second story window into a drift so I could shovel out the door to the house in order to get out.

The problem is where to put it. After Xmas there will be around 1.5m of snow everywhere making a snow blower or something pretty high needed to get rid of it. Many people have small pick up with plow and they just end up with almost no driveway at the end of the winter since they pack the snow in it. Or they plow it then blow it, what's the point of a plow truck if you have to blow it after?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Here in the Cleveland area we like to sneak over after dark and pile it all in our neighbor's yard.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh! I did see that but I read it completely wrong. I was reading it like it lowers the plow 1.3". Re reading it that makes much more sense though lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

figured you just mist it we all have done that at one time or another.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
We've had various 6.5' plows on MJ's and XJ's from Western to Meyer, all heavier than this, over the last 20 years in my family. I have yet to replace ANY part due to "premature wear" as a result of having a plow on them.

Anything that was replaced was due to being original on a 20+ year old vehicle. Failures are expected.

You must be ******* your plows if you have had that experience. You also had a CJ5 and a Bronco, so that's pretty much enough said...they ride like bricks and wear for crap anyways.

I see you have had neither since all that I had 2 CJ5s and 3 Early Broncos none had issues except for wearing out springs / etc from the plow. Had a F250 and while no real issues it was still ******* them. Don't think most know what kind of abuse they take. And before you say it again I do know how to plow, used road graders and dump trucks to plow snow in the winter for the township I grew up in. Saying there would be no extra wear due to the plow on there is just being a little bit naive, either that or you actually use it very little

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently you missed the point that it ONLY plows my driveway.

You likely used youra for more than that, hence the issues.

Im not saying it isnt ******* them. Im saying its all in the driver to know the limits and refrain from plowing like an idiot.

Offroading is just as ******* a vehicle as plowing, if you want to get into it, think on that

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Plows on mine were only used for my driveway, of course it was over 3/4 of a miles but yet its ******* any vehicle. Heck even the state highway department has to keep replacing parts and look at what they use. Doesn't matter if you only use it on your own drive.

Point I am trying to make is that folks who think this is a good idea should know that there will be extra wear and tear on theirs , whatever it is

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While that's true, I'd say that being very cautious is always the best way to keep from breaking.

I went 9 years on the MJ with a 6.5' plow without replacing Ujoints...nongreasables to boot. It's all in what you do, how you use it, and also not letting the vehicle sit with the plow attached and up in the air.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in the Cleveland area we like to sneak over after dark and pile it all in our neighbor's yard.

At least it's not the city employee that do it with their big ass plower. And they always come right after you are done cleaning your driveway -_- Sometime they are kind and turn their plow so they don't fill the entire place but most of them wont even do the effort to turn a joystick. Snow blower are better, they do turn their nozzle at all driveway.