KJ snowplow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
At least it's not the city employee that do it with their big ass plower. And they always come right after you are done cleaning your driveway -_- Sometime they are kind and turn their plow so they don't fill the entire place but most of them wont even do the effort to turn a joystick. Snow blower are better, they do turn their nozzle at all driveway.

They do that here, too. They don't even wait until dark - it happens in broad daylight. :lolnono:

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last snowstorm I shoveled enough to drive out. That's it. This winter it will be even less with the lift :)

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
That's one of my favorite parts about the lift .. I don't shovel anymore :D ... and we get a SHIP load of snow here.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't blow the driveway to get out, I only do it to make it look neater (since everyone else does it here or some just shovel) but usually I don't blow in the morning before work, I just back out like there's nothing there. :D

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shovel out the driveway so it doesn't ice over and people aren't slipping and breaking their necks trying to walk on it, plus it looks neater and cleaner

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I shovel out the driveway so it doesn't ice over and people aren't slipping and breaking their necks trying to walk on it, plus it looks neater and cleaner

This is a must around here. Once it freezes, it's not coming off. So at the very least I shovel a walking path and deal with the rest later.

TheBlueKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a must around here. Once it freezes, it's not coming off. So at the very least I shovel a walking path and deal with the rest later.

Plus we get fined if the sidewalk isnt shoveled

Sent from my iPhone using the power of children's laughter

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have no sidewalks.

Love living in the country.

I do not drive over snow before I plow it. Just packs it down more.

Reason I need a plow is that the shop I work in is owned by my parents, on their property, and my mother drives a Saturn. Dad drives an 02 KJ on 32's, or one of our MJ's on 31's, so it doesn't much matter for him. She just can't get up the drive if I let it ice up.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This thing plows beautiful.

It has allowed me to discover some worn parts as well. No damage, but obvious need to replace the A arms with JBA stock height arms, as my upper ball joints are...questionable...with 126k miles on them.

The TRE's on knuckles are also worn, same miles.

So, thanks to Rich, I have CRD springs. Ordered all of the new parts, putting them all on at one time, getting alignment, then new tires. I'm also swapping the rear end for a 3.73 rear (matched to front) with trac-lock and discs. One of my wheel cylinders is leaking, I never bothered to look at the rear brakes when I put the jeep back together.

But, easily the handiest plow vehicle I've ever owned. It weighs so much more than an xj or mj that it just squats and pushes, even with crappy tires.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't care if they are or not, I'm putting JBA UCA's in it because I don't want factory trash, and would like to be able to replace ball joints only in the future.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I am new to salting entirely. We have a driveway that takes around 1,000 lbs to do each time, but have spread by hand until now. It isn't a regular thing that we need to salt...the drive is gravel, and has a great runoff so it clears itself well. It's when we get freezing rain that we run into issues..

Picked up the sp325 from the local dealer.. Was actually going for the 210 that just plugs into factory 7 pin trailer plug, but two weeks of waiting and freezing rain dictated that I get something, and now.

So, came home with the 325, hooked it up, and immediately decided that the factory is wrong on what types of can't cannot be used.

Ran 12 bags (50lbs each) of rock salt, that worked good. That was as many as I could get...everyone is out of stock.
Ran 4 bags of calcium flakes through it (90lbs each....actually leftovers from when we used to need calcium to keep the plaster from cracking in the public pool that I run in the summer). Worked great.

Then ran 3 bags of ice melt, and 7 bags of rapid melt through it.

Everything I ran through it, it fee perfectly with zero issues. I am going to run in and fill it at the local co-op with bulk and prove everyone wrong there, too. I bet it works great.

The only thing I can say is that it is honestly too small for my needs...but we will use it maybe 3 times a year. This is only for my driveway, which is also my business parking lot and drive.

Was new in box but didn't come with cover...that will be here tuesday

You must be registered for see images attach

Just a happy customer. Thought I would share

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I officially hate you. :D

I gotta get a plow next year for mine.

Mytmouse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This maybe an old thread, but this is just what I'm doing. I had an old Ford Escape, just wasn't cutting it, so I purposely went looking for another compact small SUV and the Jeep Liberty KJ fit the bill.
I started another post "New to Jeep KJ". I too plan to replace the springs with CRD springs. But I also had concerns with the trans cooling..

From other thread;

Ok, after getting the necessary info. for maintenance/service on this "New to me" 05 Liberty (just need to verify front diff fluid weight). A big THANK YOU TO ALL!

As mentioned, I plan on using this Liberty for driveway snow plowing with my Myers Home plow. Not for towing. (I have a BIG Ford F350 7.3 diesel for that). I've been thinking about the trans. temp. I don't plan on doing any towing in the hot summer, just plowing in the cold winter months with it...

This Liberty did not come with the tow package, I was simply going to add an external Delare transmission cooler to it (from etrailers), but as I'm looking around I see it already has an external cooler in front of the rad. Thinking maybe,, or maybe not, good enough, I then decided to search on this forum what others have done, and oh boy, I came across alot of info., people wanting to add for towing and overheating issues.

So from what I'm gathering I can;
Either to add the HD cooling, missing from the tow package, (which I believe is changing ? the electric fan and shroud and adding the mechanical fan with clutch) . But I loose that nice space to get to the oil filter & such ,, oh well...
-And /or- change the rad to an 02 Liberty rad (that has the internal trans cooler along WITH plumbing the original extrenal trans cooler).

I'm a bit confused now. I've read there's choices of fans (I have the 3 wire plug to my fan), and getting the correct clutch, ect. Any help/guidance is appreciated. Also if I got it right about the HD cooling (involving changing the electric fan, ect.). If any of you can simplify this for me/my needs, and if POSSIBLE to include part numbers of what I REALLY NEED? PLEASE

See link for pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LmBEZjhywSqWcx1d7

I'm thinkg/ leaning towards just adding the HD cooling (fans/shroud/clutch)... That should pull in the necessary cool ambient air pass the existiing external cooler and rad. at the low speeds of plowing for my situation.