KJ owner gets the "Jeep wave"!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Happened to me tonight, driving in the snow. Other Jeep was a Cherokee. Sort of by default. LOL! Or maybe it was just a friendly wave? We were the only 2 vehicles on the road other than snow clearing equipment. It's a snow emergency phase III, we were not even supposed to be driving. We were risking a $500 citation but maybe we needed to be stuck before that happened.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I was just watching TV and DC is hammered by another foot+. Wow!
How much is on the ground in Baltimore? Got some pictures?
Last winter (09) we got 6 feet in 12 storms, and I did ok with the Silent Armor's without the lift, but this fall am going to put the lift on just to be on the safe side. Maybe a pair of radial chains on standby too.
Is your's lifted? What tires you got on there?

Midgear

Reaction score
brewahaha.. I love owning a Jeep- I even get a few wranglers waving at me around here. most of the KJ owners are female and they're too busy on the phone to pull off the wave eek2.gif

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
my first jeep wave was from a lifted grand cherokee with a roof rack, it looked good!
since i've gotten several, from wranglers, cherokees, more grand cherokees... not many other KJ's though most like Midgear said are women and don't know its even called a KJ

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
lol in the neighborhood i live in...we got like 4 WK 1XK 2KJ(thats counting mine) but there was 5 WK but my room mate sold it...but there are a shit load of kj around here and its all women or men that are like w/e its just a vehicle and gets the kids...lol so i aint got a wave yet. but there is one badass 4door wrangler like the red color with BFG A/T

moparman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got about 19" of new snow yesterday, cold fluffy snow so I could deal with it. Destination LEs in the stock size and not lifted. I could have used the lift kit last Saturday - 20" of wet, heavy snow required ground clearance that I don't have. Just checked the news, they said 23" in Baltimore. BWI?

No action pictures, here are my tracks. I made 2 passes to be sure, no one else was driving.

Attachments

• 0210102130a.jpg
    0210102130a.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The entire jeep wave thing is gay. Its even gayer when two stock jeeps wave at each other.

I test drove a wranlger the day we bought the Liberty and got waved at, I immediately turned around and bought the kj. I get a wave here and there in it now that its lifted, and I am selling it, thank goodness. Its a vehicle, NOT a club. I dont wave at people with atv's in thier trucks just becuase I haul one around.

jimymc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have an 03 KJ Renny that we bought used a couple of months ago. See a lot of Liberty's and other Jeeps, but very few Renny's and no waves. Coming home about a week ago there was a Renny coming out of a side street. Of course, I was looking at it when we went by and they waved! It surprised me, but, of course, I waved back.

Midgear

Reaction score
The entire jeep wave thing is gay. Its even gayer when two stock jeeps wave at each other.

I test drove a wranlger the day we bought the Liberty and got waved at, I immediately turned around and bought the kj. I get a wave here and there in it now that its lifted, and I am selling it, thank goodness. Its a vehicle, NOT a club. I dont wave at people with atv's in thier trucks just becuase I haul one around.

reincarnation of scrooge right here.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, on saturday after the 22 inches fell, i went out to play, found the one road was shut down and took the detour up a steep still snow covered unplowed hill, needless to say no cars could make. It and I was the leader I looked behind me there was 2 wranglers a commander a xterra and 2 cherokees, with the exception of the xterra we could have been filming a Jeep commercial and I was leading the way yea boo

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Glad your selling,it's Jeep thing that you will never getthe_finger.gif,it's a way of life and not just a vehicle.

Oh and I get waved at all the time,and not just from other Jeeps either,get waves from built yota's,Ford's,and Rover's here(not the street queens either).

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's ok to disagree.....and still be nice to each other.......geeeeezzz.

wavey.gif(Cheers)(popcorn)

Dave

jhblackwell

Reaction score
It's ok to disagree.....and still be nice to each other.......geeeeezzz.

wavey.gif(Cheers)(popcorn)

Dave

Sorry...couldn't help myself. I'm a sho'-'nuf smart a$$ and couldn't let that one pass. Just havin' some fun. ;) gotta love it

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I usually just let another Jeep in my lane or them pass instead of the wave. I wave to about everyone I see on the trail though.

mikey1273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the wave once in a while. the first time I got it was from a guy in a yellow Wrangler right after I got it and I really didn't know what the Jeep wave was all about then. I did wave back anyhow.

I do see it most from Jeep owners other than Liberty Owners.... Mostly Cheroke, Wrangler and sometimes Grand Cheroke drivers. Its always a guy driving 99% of the time.

Now that I went an a trip to the off road park with people from one of the local Jeep shops I wave when I sse them around.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score

wrongforu.gif getout.gif

There was that nice enough? Does it count when you don't say 90% of what your thinking? :D