Just suppose...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i was rich, ild love to take my liberty and put in a 70s model 302 in it with EFI of course, headers and a highrise intake. that to me would be the dream package. just imagine the beautiful sound with dual straight pipes and an old style transmission without all of that limited slip crap. also a solid axle up front with that 6 inch lift skyjacker has now and some mickey thompson classic lock wheels and wider tires.

what engine would you put in yours if you could? and anything else??

JC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a nice 340 six pack ought to do just fine. (with the appropriate six pack scoop of course)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i was rich, ild love to take my liberty and put in a 70s model 302 in it with EFI of course, headers and a highrise intake. that to me would be the dream package. just imagine the beautiful sound with dual straight pipes and an old style transmission without all of that limited slip crap. also a solid axle up front with that 6 inch lift skyjacker has now and some mickey thompson classic lock wheels and wider tires.

what engine would you put in yours if you could? and anything else??
Doable,but you would loose all the techno gizmo's in your KJ that is run by the BCM without a couple of thousand $$$(about 10,000+) to have a PCM programed for the 302 and to run with the OEM BCM(to make it think it still is a KJ)

jeepkj02I would say a 426 HEMI or 572 Chevy. :rolleyes:
You'd need alot work with the blue wrench to fit those in a KJ,making it utterlly useless besides a trailer show qween.

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'd need alot work with the blue wrench to fit those in a KJ,making it utterlly useless besides a trailer show qween.

He did say if I was rich....but I would much rather put that Hemi in a Road Runner, or that 572 in a '69 Camaro....drool....

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doable,but you would loose all the techno gizmo's in your KJ that is run by the BCM without a couple of thousand $$$(about 10,000+) to have a PCM programed for the 302 and to run with the OEM BCM(to make it think it still is a KJ)

Exactly! lol!! It would be nice though. My old truck 70 f100 sounds just like I would want my Liberty to sound...straight pipes dual exhaust with headers and the dual plane intake....i love driving that old thing...The Liberty would be better though...

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nah nah, the new ls9 from the zr1 corvette 620+hp supercharged from the factory *drools*

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
nah nah, the new ls9 from the zr1 corvette 620+hp supercharged from the factory *drools*

Nothing like a v8...........course if you put one in the KJ it will just squat on the ground.

So, if I had a lot of money I would just get a car for speed, maby that zr1 sounds good. Do I need a pilots licence with that????

Dave

Latest posts

Members online