Just got my powerslot rotors in...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...and my Adaptive One Ceramic pads.

I'm all tingly...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No pictures?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to know what you think of them when you get them broken in.

Dave

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cool man u r gonna like that sound they make when u hit the barkes (i used to have brembos on my previous vehicule)

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pictures?

Well, at this point, it would be a picture of powerslot rotors sitting in the box... but I'll snap some pics when they're on. You guys are such ****** for pictures.

But... so am I so...

Last edited:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm very excited about your review....as I might consider these.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very excited about your review....as I might consider these.

Just an FYI, TJKJ recommended these to me. I had been interested in the powerslot, so I asked and TJKJ said he runs them with the Adaptive one Ceramics.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Just an FYI, TJKJ recommended these to me. I had been interested in the powerslot, so I asked and TJKJ said he runs them with the Adaptive one Ceramics.

If he uses them, they must be good......:rolleyes::D

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As requested, just installed the rotors and ceramic pads. Honestly, I expected the truck to 'endo' when I hit the brakes, but I really didn't feel any major difference. Hmm.

You must be registered for see images attach

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ceramic pads need to be heated before they start grabbing really good. I have a set on the rear right now and you can feel a difference once they get some heat into them. As far as the rotor go, you won't see a big difference there I don't think.

Let us know how they break in though.:D

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well correct me if im wrong but if you want real stopping power you dont want ceramic pads. They are nice and clean on the rims but you want a pad that bites in ceramics dont

bluegoat06

Reaction score
For what is worth it, i bought the libby brand new in dec 2001 as a 2002 model. at 22k miles, i replaced the front rotors and pads since they kept warping every 11k miles. i went with Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS (non ceramic) pads. as of today, 106k miles later, i'm still running the same setup up front, and i have yet to turn the rotors, checked the pads last week, and they still have half of the meat left in them.

I've tried ceramic pads before in my other 2 vehicles, and i hated them cause they were really tough on the rotors under heavy braking, and without having them hot, there was no braking power, so for me they're a joke. (personal opinion). the HPS pads i've been using are also really low on dust which is another plus, plus you don't need to heat them up like ceramics for them to work, plus, they take heat like it's their job with no worries, plus they work great with the Powerslot rotors. never had a car that went so much miles on the same brakes :)

Last edited:

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For what is worth it, i bought the libby brand new in dec 2001 as a 2002 model. at 22k miles, i replaced the front rotors and pads since they kept warping every 11k miles. i went with Powerslot rotors and Hawk HPS (non ceramic) pads. as of today, 106k miles later, i'm still running the same setup up front, and i have yet to turn the rotors, checked the pads last week, and they still have half of the meat left in them.

Uhh, wow, 22k. My oem rotors and pads lasted me over 72,000. Admittedly they were shot at 72k, and pretty well overdue for a change, but still.

The powerslots and ceramics came highly recommended from a few sources. I had been spying the powerslots for a while and then when they were recommended I decided they'd be the way to go. I'll have to see how the pads do. I'm still well within the breakin period. Supposed to go something like 25 miles. I think I did a 6 mile loop of very easy braking. Thanks for the opinions, though.

The ultimate test will be if I can get as much on these as I got on my OEM's. Plus I'm anxious to see how they'll perform which miles of downhill braking when I'm offroad.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha i still got the ones mine came with and i got 120k on mine and they just started shaking

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well correct me if im wrong but if you want real stopping power you dont want ceramic pads. They are nice and clean on the rims but you want a pad that bites in ceramics dont
Ceramic pads bit harder then non-metallic pads and not all ceramic pads are dust free.OEM KJ brakes are ceramic pads and soft rotors.

bluegoat06

Reaction score
Uhh, wow, 22k. My oem rotors and pads lasted me over 72,000. Admittedly they were shot at 72k, and pretty well overdue for a change, but still.

The powerslots and ceramics came highly recommended from a few sources. I had been spying the powerslots for a while and then when they were recommended I decided they'd be the way to go. I'll have to see how the pads do. I'm still well within the breakin period. Supposed to go something like 25 miles. I think I did a 6 mile loop of very easy braking. Thanks for the opinions, though.

The ultimate test will be if I can get as much on these as I got on my OEM's. Plus I'm anxious to see how they'll perform which miles of downhill braking when I'm offroad.

I hope they do good in your truck, i know people who swear by ceramics, i think mainly due to low noise ??, perhaps the technology have changed, last time i used them was 5 years ago in my 03 Mach1, before that, in a 99 Camaro Z28. you can see my stopping style is probably a little bit on the agressive side just looking at the mileage i went with the stock brakes :)