Joined a few days ago.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pcipnj

Reaction score
Just received my parents KJ a few months ago and LOVE it. Already started to make it "my own." Added bull bar, grabber at2's, and plan on plasti dipping the rims and bull bar (chrome) to black. Looking to get a bike rack (any suggestions?)

Thanks all!

:wave:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome! :D

...Looking to get a bike rack (any suggestions?...
I have an over-the-spare rack which works OK. That's probably the cheapest route. Once I get a hitch installed I'm going to consider a hitch-mount bike rack. It all depends on how often I actually get a chance to use the thing. Being in the Cleveland area riding my bike seems like a distant dream, especially with another 6-10" of snow falling even as I write this. Winter can't last forever, right? ;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

Dave

pcipnj

Reaction score
(welcome)

Thanks!

:D

Welcome! :D

I have an over-the-spare rack which works OK. That's probably the cheapest route. Once I get a hitch installed I'm going to consider a hitch-mount bike rack. It all depends on how often I actually get a chance to use the thing. Being in the Cleveland area riding my bike seems like a distant dream, especially with another 6-10" of snow falling even as I write this. Winter can't last forever, right? ;)

Thank you!

Would you recommend the over the spare more than one that mounts onto the spare tire studs? Haha right! I'm actually surprised on how much snow Jersey is getting.

Welcome.

Dave

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...Would you recommend the over the spare more than one that mounts onto the spare tire studs?...
I like the looks of the ones which mount to the center hub of the spare but have never used one. That will be on my list for consideration though. The problem with a hitch-mount would be if you wanted to take your bikes and tow something at the same time.

In my case, the over-the-spare was initially purchased (back when I had my old Tracker) because it was relatively cheap and easy to use. It has done the job, but I probably wouldn't want it were I to get new tires including a matching spare. Having the thing hanging on the tire all summer making contact with the sidewall probably isn't great for it. My spare now is an old tire which isn't exactly the same as the other four, though it is a perfect match size-wise. It's already pretty long in the tooth so knocking a little life off it is no big deal.