Jeep Panda (Patriot/Compass Replacement)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
So... there tellin us this is about as far as your gonna get ... and we had to push it to get it up this far ...(rotflmao)

You must be registered for see images attach

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Patriot is 10x better than that thing. Panda is going to be the name?? Not a Jeep type name. I don't know what to think.

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will probably be Jeep Picnic because that's as far as you will be able to go with this shopping cart. Looks like a Suzuki.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Panda is a manufacturer the model is Phoenix .... sadly no name can save it IMO

I thought it looked like an SX4 too

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
How was Patriot any worse than this? They should bring back Cherokee and just stop Liberty or call it Liberty again. Just the good old design.

You must be registered for see images

Look at the guy inside, he barely fits in it, that shows you it's size.

Everyone thought Compass was going to turn into a rally vehicle, but they never even tried it, they did a few modded ones here and there, and that was it.

Someone photochopped it:

What will be engine? 1.8, 4cyl? What can they fit in this?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken Panda is a manufacturer the model is Phoenix .... sadly no name can save it IMO

I thought it looked like an SX4 too

Well that explains it......it's made by bamboo munchers...

Dave

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do they sneeze?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
That thing is rediculous. It hurts my eyes. I am going back to the Darwin/Hamlet thread.

Dave

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry but a Jeep imo is built like a tank and has a manual t-case shifter. Enough with these car based CUV with electronic AWD. That's a subaru, not a jeep!:mad:

Buckethead

Reaction score
The Fiat Panda is actually a fairly popular vehicle in Europe. It's no jeep but it would make a good Compass replacement. Even Top Gear likes it, and they hate every SUV out there. US consumers will like it too if they can bring over the diesel that gets 66 MPG.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/fiat/panda

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Fiat Panda is actually a fairly popular vehicle in Europe. It's no jeep but it would make a good Compass replacement. Even Top Gear likes it, and they hate every SUV out there. US consumers will like it too if they can bring over the diesel that gets 66 MPG.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/fiat/panda

It's not like there weren't any 50+mpg vehicles in the global market for the last 5 years. How many of them are in USA? :cool: Gotta love the US oil companies for putting the kaybash on those other diesel beauties.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a terrible name...

Agreed. There was this movie called Kung Fu Panda.... for those who didn't get the joke, they made a movie about a fighting Panda because it was an oxymoron.

Pandas are sweet, cuddly unaggressive animals.

But call me a judas, but I do like the interior.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If they ever put a Jeep badge on it and brought it into the u.s. you can say goodbye to the real "Jeep" name.....

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, but I think this would be a great vehicle over here. Everyone on here sounds like Wrangler guys talking about the Liberty. Most people who have a Libby are 40 year old soccer moms. This Panda thing is great in the snow and the mud from what I have seen online. Alot of people get 4wd vehicles to handle adverse on road conditions and never take them off road. Also it gets fantastic gas mileage. Can you say that about your KJ, CRD guys don't count :D. I can see a lot of people driving this thing. Fiat has been making really dependable cars in Europe forever. I don't see what the big deal is. Jeep keeps crankin out vehicles that "Jeep" people don't like, but regular consumers like, ei Patriot, Compass, Commander, AND Liberty. I like progression and growth, keeps stuff from becoming stale and keeps Jeep on the cutting edge.

Also, about the manual transfer case, isn't the new KK electronic? :D