Jeep Patriot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

glaurick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep Patriot concept car The Jeep Patriot, like the Jeep Compass, brings Jeep styling to the Caliber platform. The Patriot has unmistakeable Jeep styling, more Cherokee than Liberty, but will have greater gas mileage, interior flexibility, and economy (from a lower price). The Compass looks more like the Liberty, but its angle is to go up against Subaru as a rally car — a different kind of four wheel driving than Jeep has been associated with. The Patriot should be a “true Jeep” in off-road capacity, at least matching the Liberty — we hope. The production version: Jeep Patriot Based on the Jeep Patriot concept (see below), the 2007 Jeep Patriot combines the packaging and interior flexibility of an SUV with the performance, handling, fuel economy and price of a compact car or small pickup. Safety features, such as standard side-curtain air bags and standard Electronic Stability Program (ESP), add to Jeep Patriot’s value.

New Jeep technology gives Patriot more capability than any other vehicle in its class. Jeep Patriot will be available in the United States and Canada in three drive configurations: front-wheel drive, Freedom Drive I™ (a full-time, active four-wheel-drive system with Lock mode) and Freedom Drive II™ Off-Road Package (a full-time, active four-wheel-drive system with low range that provides true Jeep 4x4 Trail Rated capability).

“The Trail Rated Jeep® Patriot will be the most capable 4x4 in the compact SUV segment,” said George Murphy, Senior Vice President – Global Marketing, Chrysler Group. “Jeep Patriot’s capability, combined with its classic Jeep design, interior flexibility and terrific fuel efficiency, will attract new buyers to the Jeep brand.”

The 2007 Jeep Patriot and Jeep Patriot Limited models will be available in U.S. dealerships in the fourth quarter of 2006 and in global volume markets in both left- and right-hand drive starting in the first half of 2007.

Most Capable Off-Road Vehicle in its ClassCriterion 2006
Toyota
4Runner 2007
Toyota
RAV4 2006
Honda
Pilot
Jeep
Wrangler
Rubicon Jeep
Liberty
Limited Jeep
Patriot Patriot
Off-Road
Package
Running ground clearance 9 7.5” 8” 10” 9.4” 8.0” 9.0”
Approach angle (degrees) 31 29 28” 44 37 27.4 29
Departure angle (degrees) 24 25.4 21” 40.4 31.5 31.4 33
Breakover angle (degrees) 28 25 21” 25.4 22 20.6 23
Jeep Patriot is available in three drivetrain configurations. In addition to the standard front-wheel-drive system, Jeep Patriot also is available with Freedom Drive I and the Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package.

Freedom Drive I is an available full-time, active four-wheel-drive system with Lock mode designed to give drivers year-round assurance, as well as the ability to handle rough weather and low-traction conditions. This active four-wheel-drive system is recommended for daily use, including driving in snow and rain. Freedom Drive I features a lockable center coupling, giving drivers the ability to put the Jeep Patriot in four-wheel-drive Lock mode to handle deeper snow, sand and other low-traction surfaces.

The Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package is an available four-wheel-drive system that makes the Jeep Patriot a Trail Rated 4x4, creating the most capable vehicle in the crowded compact SUV class. The Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package includes a second-generation continuously variable transaxle with a low range (CVT2L) that engages when the off-road mode is activated, 17-inch all-terrain tires and aluminum wheels, a full-size spare tire, air-filtration system, skid plates, tow hooks, fog lamps and seat height adjuster. The available Freedom Drive II Off-Road Package is recommended for true off-road situations that include steep grades, wheel lift and rock or log climbing.

This all-new Jeep technology includes the CVT2L’s best-in-class 19:1 low ratio, which is ideal for crawling over obstacles. Off-road Brake Traction Control maintains forward mobility during heavy articulation or on split-friction surfaces where one wheel loses traction. Hill-Descent Control modulates brake hydraulic pressure without driver intervention for downhill assistance at a safe and controlled rate of speed. Three-mode ESP and off-road anti-lock brakes (ABS) also add to the Patriot’s off-road capability.

The Trail Rated Jeep Patriot sits 1 inch higher than non-Trail Rated versions and meets Jeep off-road capability requirements for traction, water fording, articulation, maneuverability and ground clearance, including 9 inches of ground clearance, a 29-degree approach angle, a 33-degree departure angle and a 23-degree breakover angle. This version of the Patriot also has additional body sealing and high-mounted drivetrain vents to support 19-inch water fording capability. In fact, the Jeep Patriot’s body and chassis were developed and tested over numerous rugged off-road terrains to meet the requirements of the enthusiast Jeep customer.

“From its approach and departure angles to every sealant and chassis component in between, Jeep Patriot is engineered to be the most capable vehicle in its class,” added Matt Liddane, Chief Engineer – Jeep Patriot. “Whether climbing rocks, stair steps, logs or steep grades, Jeep Patriot drivers will have the confidence of knowing they’re in a Jeep 4x4.”

All Jeep Patriot models available in the United States and Canada include standard Brake Traction Control, driver-controlled three-mode ESP, Brake Assist, Electronic Roll Mitigation and anti-lock brakes with rough-road detection. Patriot’s standard four-wheel anti-lock brakes provide a competitive 60–0 mph stopping distance of 134 feet on dry pavement.

Jeep Patriot Styling Patriot is designed to appeal to compact SUV buyers who want traditional Jeep styling with best-in-class off-road capability. “Simple yet distinctive geometric forms and planar surfaces define Jeep Patriot’s timeless proportions” said Trevor Creed, Senior Vice President – Design. “Combined, these features give Jeep Patriot its robust, strong, capable off-road image.”

Jeep Patriot was built for maximum cargo volume, rugged driving conditions and excellent utility. Patriot’s face is classic Jeep, featuring the brand’s signature seven-slot grille, a robust bumper and round headlamps. A stiffer windshield and upright backlight combine to create Patriot’s easily identifiable side view. Classic Jeep design cues include available 17-inch aluminum wheels and all-terrain tires housed inside signature Jeep trapezoidal wheel openings. Jeep Patriot’s high beltline completes the vehicle’s protective side profile.

The rear of the vehicle features an upright backlight and a bold bumper that further illustrate the Jeep Patriot’s interior spaciousness and add to its rugged appearance and capability. Four doors and a rear liftgate provide easy access to Jeep Patriot’s spacious and functional interior.

You must be registered for see images attach

for the rest
http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/patriot.html

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am interested in the possibilities of the trail rated model. Not saying I am going to buy one or anything, but I wonder just how trail capable it truly will be. :-k

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep Patriot:
Running Ground Clearance - 8.0"
Approach angle (degrees) - 27.4
Departure angle (degrees) - 31.4
Breakover angle (degrees) - 20.6

Jeep Patriot Off-Road Package:
Running Ground Clearance - 9.0"
Approach angle (degrees) - 29
Departure angle (degrees) - 33
Breakover angle (degrees) - 23

Jeep Liberty:
Running Ground Clearance - 9.4"
Approach angle (degrees) - 37
Departure angle (degrees) - 31.5
Breakover angle (degrees) - 22

The trail rated model comes with the typical AT tires, Skid Plates, fog lamps. I still havn't seen one in person. When are these things coming out?

DougBenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I must say I am not impressed with either one. But then again CJ,TJ , YJ and XJ owners said the same about the KJ. Hmmmmmm

But I still think they're crap. (whistle)

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am really wondering, is even if its trail rated, if the ute is car based and relies on all these electroinic gizmos for its capabilities, I am wondering how truly tough the little ute might be?