Jeep liberty towing package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sblanck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have a 2004 Jeep liberty Columbia edition with the optional towing package.
I need to replace the rear shocks and I am thinking they would be different than a liberty without the towing package. Anyone know what the part number is or how to spec for them?

Thanks

Sean

SiRRuS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 Renegade with the Tow Package, When my shocks needed a change I booked it in for a lift, its the perfect excuse to raise it and put in some quality suspension.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 05 Renegade with the Tow Package, When my shocks needed a change I booked it in for a lift, its the perfect excuse to raise it and put in some quality suspension.

That!! ^^^

The only difference between a tow package Libby and a "regular" one is the heavy duty cooling (mechanical fan and larger shroud) and the hitch/wiring harness. Other than that they are identical, including the rear springs and shocks.

Do what SiRRuS suggests and upgrade the springs and shocks all around (cuz yours is certainly sagged out by now thanks to weak factory springs) and you'll improve the on-road and off-road ride dramatically and upgrade the towing height at the same time.

Bob

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gota say I use the Monroe coil overs for a Dakota on the rear and think there great. Also painted the springs on the coil overs red to match the front JBA UCAs. I think Tommudd runs with them too but he needs to comment on that.

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 Liberty has the trailer package. To the best of my knowledge the springs & shocks are no different from the stock Liberty.
I've installed Rancho RS5000 shocks in the rear of my Liberty. I believe they are suitable for lifted Liberty's, they have more travel than stock shocks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sblanck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone,
I replaced the front and rear suspension with Monroe.
Its my wife's Liberty and she doesn't want a lift on it as she is barely 5 feet tall and has to lift a baby seat into it with a heavy child.
The libby prior to replacing those items sat level but now the front sits a bit higher than the rear. I thought possibly that the rear shocks were the wrong ones.

Sean