Jeep Liberty 2010 unable to lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grunt3327

Reaction score
Recently I have been having some troubles locking my vehicle. The alarm will sound, but the locks wont lock. About a week ago they were working. Now my rear doors and lift gate will not unlock, even when using the remote or buttons. Before it was an on and off thing, now the only thing it does it "chirp" with the alarm. I have installed a new battery about a month ago in the remote.

Anyone else having this issue and if so, what are the remedies? Thanks

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
as cheap as they are, id try a new battery in the remote again, ive seen them almost dead right out of the package more times than i can count

grunt3327

Reaction score
Really??? Those batteries in the remote go bad that much? I mean, I can use my remote to unlock (well use the alarm) and it works. I wouldn't think that the remote unlock would affect it that much. Since I can hear it trying to lock or unlock.

*UPDATE* The auto door locks do not work when driving. I have checked out the fuse panel under the hood and found that the M38 was blown. I replaced the blown fuse and not I can hear the doors trying to lock, but they do not. Also another kicker, is when I was driving I accidentally hit the door lock with my elbow. I then clicked the unlock and it unlocked, but when I hit the lock button (either of the doors) it won't lock. I also tried unhooking the battery and waiting for 5 minute to reset things and that didn't work. Anyone have this issue?