06 Jeep liberty wont turn on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bp87

Reaction score
anyone have the same experience. the car wont turn on. but the rear door lock is ticking as if its trying to lock and unlock

bp87

Reaction score
replace the battery now the car works but the fob doesnt anymore :oops:

Steven Renich

Reaction score
bp87,

Your low battery situation may have erased the programming of the key fob. How this works is the key fob has a serial number and the "key fob programming" simply stores the key fobs serial number in the car. If you google redo the programming, it might fix it. Google "program key fob 2006 jeep" or such.

Good luck,

Steven

bp87

Reaction score
able to start and driver the car now. and did some trouble shooting i suspect it might be something else too. now the key can only manually lock the driver side. rest of the door doesn't lock. not sure if the relay is affected or fried

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Have you checked the key fob for any damage or corrosion & test the FOB battery voltage?
Takes two CR2016 batteries or should read over 3 volts each or over 6 volts in total.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also could try doing a hard re-set.
Take off both battery cables, and tape or clamp both battery cables together, isolated away from car battery, for 40 minutes & then reconnect both cables to the battery correctly.

bp87

Reaction score
Have you checked the key fob for any damage or corrosion & test the FOB battery voltage?
Takes two CR2016 batteries or should read over 3 volts each or over 6 volts in total.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also could try doing a hard re-set.
Take off both battery cables, and tape or clamp both battery cables together, isolated away from car battery, for 40 minutes & then reconnect both cables to the battery correctly.
have changed remote battery didnt work.mine is quite different from the picture. its the remote button on the key. tried the hard reset didnt work too.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wrong post, sorry.

Last edited:

budget76

Reaction score
I suspect the fuse issue was corossion and dirt not dead fuses. In the past I have removed ALL fuses and cleaned the terminals and re-inserted them. THIS IS DANGEROUS as you can introduce a new problem you never had before. I am willing to do this in the garage, slowly and carefully. I also clean up ALL GROUNDS and use dielectric grease. 20-30 year old trucks have bad dirty ground, it is just part of life.

Members online

No members online now.