Jeep Liberty 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSmith

Reaction score
Jeep Liberty 2005,
The problem is the jeep stalls and sometimes has trouble starting. It idles at around 500 rpm but fluctuates and stalls. It doesn't immediately stall when i lift my foot off the gas but it is very rough idling and the jeep gets shaky and eventually stalls out. I've replaced the Cam and crank sensors and put in new spark plugs. What could be the problem here? No check engine light or codes to be had.

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, idle is a little low. I would do what uss2defiant said first.

Dave

BSmith

Reaction score
I replaced it. Now the check engine light comes on. No change. What is going on here..

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta get the code for the issue causing the CEL. were the sensors you replaced Mopar?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
OP stated "No check engine light or codes to be had"
Using mopar sensors is best ...results may vary with others.
Having a clean throttle body, and interior port where you mount the Mopar IAC is needed.
Coil packs can cause shaking issue and not offer up a engine light too.
Next in mind is the Throttle position sensor.

BSmith

Reaction score
Replaced IAC. No check engine light anymore. Thinking about cleaning throttle body. After that.. no idea.

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was doing a similar thing a while back. Really rough idle and would chug along when driving, almost like it had water in the fuel. Turns out it was the belt tensioner. Replaced that and it was all good again. Its a simple fix, too.

BSmith

Reaction score
Replaced TPS. Some improvement, no longer stalls out but the idle is still rough. It fluctuates from about 400 to 1000. Replaced belt tensioner as well Any ideas on whats causing the rough idle?? Ive replaced IAC, cleaned throttle body, replaced cam and crank sensors as well as TPS, new belt and new belt tensioner... Whats the problem here??

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Replaced TPS. Some improvement, no longer stalls out but the idle is still rough. It fluctuates from about 400 to 1000. Replaced belt tensioner as well Any ideas on whats causing the rough idle?? Ive replaced IAC, cleaned throttle body, replaced cam and crank sensors as well as TPS, new belt and new belt tensioner... Whats the problem here??

Whats the plugs look like ? AND what plugs are in it?

capecodbob

Reaction score
I had a rough idle and trouble starting and they found a bad injector. There was water around it they said. They replaced it . There was noe check engine light. That was at around 50K and now have 93K same plugs . I think its time I put in new plugs and injector packs ?

Latest posts

Members online