Jeep kj windshield light?!?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robcamposss

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possibly to get a mounting bracket or to somehow mount windshield lights on a 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade.
I see them all the time on JK and would love them on my KJ.

Attachments

• p-16166-01.jpg
    p-16166-01.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 26

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are several people who've done it. The least lame way I've seen is mounting them to the flat spots on top of the mirror hinge but it cancels the ability to fold the mirror in so it's not completely unlame.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to have a bracket custom fabricated, if you say happened to know someone who worked in a steel fabrication shop with a CNC plasma, like myself....
I'm not too far from you either, just north of New London, CT. Right across the sound. I'll look at my KJ tomorrow and see if I can come up with any ideas for it.

crazyjeepkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possibly to get a mounting bracket or to somehow mount windshield lights on a 05 Jeep Liberty Renegade.
I see them all the time on JK and would love them on my KJ.

if your simply looking to add more lights then it would be easier to put a simple light bar on top but if you love the mirror lights then you should try n do that.

hectikart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I took a quick look today and I think you could probably attach a custom bracket to the fender between the panel and hood. It looks to me that there is enough gap to get like an 11ga piece of steel in there...but I'm not sure how serious you want to get with it. It would require drilling through the fender.

I'm thinking, a steel bracket that would basically sandwich the fender. we could weld nuts on the inside piece of the bracket, so you can just bolt right through from the outside, from there it could come up and bend in or out to the exact spot for the light...we could ship it bare steel if you would like to finish it and match your paint color, we have a paint shop and could paint it in house too...or we also work with another shop down the street that does all of our powder coating. Let me know if it's something that sounds interesting and I can spend some time working on a solid design and give you an idea of prices.

You must be registered for see images

looking at it a little more and you wouldn't even need to go between the fender and hood at all...just do it as 2 pieces, an outer plate, inner receiving plate, sandwich the fender, bolt it up...done. see crude drawing below:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so I took a quick look today and I think you could probably attach a custom bracket to the fender between the panel and hood. It looks to me that there is enough gap to get like an 11ga piece of steel in there...but I'm not sure how serious you want to get with it. It would require drilling through the fender.

I'm thinking, a steel bracket that would basically sandwich the fender. we could weld nuts on the inside piece of the bracket, so you can just bolt right through from the outside, from there it could come up and bend in or out to the exact spot for the light...we could ship it bare steel if you would like to finish it and match your paint color, we have a paint shop and could paint it in house too...or we also work with another shop down the street that does all of our powder coating. Let me know if it's something that sounds interesting and I can spend some time working on a solid design and give you an idea of prices.

looking at it a little more and you wouldn't even need to go between the fender and hood at all...just do it as 2 pieces, an outer plate, inner receiving plate, sandwich the fender, bolt it up...done. see crude drawing below:

:smokin: