Jeep hints at the Obese Second Cousin of the Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vellies

Reaction score
I think the forthcoming Grenadier SW series is going to chow deeply into many market segments including Jeep`s Wranglers, LD defender etc ..... my 5c - and then their DC when it launches will appeal to some, like me ... seems like both RHD and LHD will be rolling off the assembly lines from the word GO ..

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 71 Waggoner was one of my favorite vehicles i ever owned. This one looks way better than the LR wannabe.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^ if I ever just had to buy a Wrangler I'd find the company that produces that front set up and install right away
But that will never happen , as if I live long enough , I:ll buy a horse

Umorgsm

Reaction score
I just wonder why they would design/brand it a new vehicle when feasibly the could offer the cab cover and such as add options.
They probably will do that. But if your gonna invest in manufacturing a cap makes sense to add a new vehicle. Wouldn't take much changing to factory or assembly line to make this. Plus it taps into the market of people who buy giant suvs like the navigator and suburban and palisade

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still want a Scrambler re-introduction. Take the Gladiator and remove the rear two doors, but leave a little space for storage behind the seats. Toss on a 5ft box, make a Willys package and keep it under $40k.

The only newer Jeep I would buy at this point would be a 2019+ Cherokee Trailhawk- it clicks all the boxes for what I need with a vehicle

kevind

Reaction score
I wish they'd at least offer the option of having an opening rear window again, in more SUVs.

One of the reasons we love our Libertys and Commander is the ability to carry long items. Heck, my daughter puts an inflated kayak in her 2006, with one end in the reclined front passenger seat, and the rear jutting out the open tailgate window.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I wish they'd at least offer the option of having an opening rear window again, in more SUVs.

One of the reasons we love our Libertys and Commander is the ability to carry long items. Heck, my daughter puts an inflated kayak in her 2006, with one end in the reclined front passenger seat, and the rear jutting out the open tailgate window.
Funny you mention that. I’d say the most comments Bert gets is about the brilliantly designed whale tail window and swing gate.
I have to admit it is by far my favorite feature of the KJ.

I still don’t understand why their was so much trash talk about the Liberty.
Save for the gas mileage,wonky auto transmission and the lame OE suspension, they are nimble and versatile on and off road. And two of those three issues are easily and relatively easy to remedy.

It can’t help it’s gasser is a proven workhorse from an earlier time.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Never could understand why people complain about the gas mileage
There is nothing else to compare the KJs to really when you start looking at similar body size like Hondas etc
20-21 is real easy to get on the highway even lifted with extra weight , and 75 plus MPH, and I've gotten over that with the 04 many times
Worst thing I can say is the really weak springs and shocks
but then I have never bought another new or used 4x4 over the years that the suspension was swapped out soon after buying so even that is a moot point to me LOL

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Never could understand why people complain about the gas mileage
There is nothing else to compare the KJs to really when you start looking at similar body size like Hondas etc
20-21 is real easy to get on the highway even lifted with extra weight , and 75 plus MPH, and I've gotten over that with the 04 many times
Worst thing I can say is the really weak springs and shocks
but then I have never bought another new or used 4x4 over the years that the suspension was swapped out soon after buying so even that is a moot point to me LOL
Yeah, the mileage isn’t a bother to me. Comparable to that first gen Equinox I loathed for other reasons.
Though, I admit it is quite the adjustment for me when used to the ridiculously good mpg the VW gets.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.