Jeep hints at the Obese Second Cousin of the Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I didn't think Jeep could get uglier than the current SUV line, which looks like a constipation face to me, or the front end of the KK with the horribly designed headlights; but alas I was proven wrong with the teaser concept of a third row full size:
You must be registered for see images attach

So basically for yet another obscenely high price, one shall be able to get a Commander with permanent, non-removable a highboy truck cap on it. Sometimes I wonder what drugs the current Jeep designers are on so I can avoid them.

At least it doesn't have the difficult ***** moment style lights and grill....

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t see the photo. Are you referring to the new Grand Cherokee or Wagoneer lines just coming out?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. Looks like the length of a Gladiator, but an SUV version. Agree, this is a bit on the excessive side. Not something I would be interested in, and not sure there are many people who would buy one. Not sure what niche it actually fills. They have a 7 passenger Wagoneer now that checks that box.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Hmmm. Looks like the length of a Gladiator, but an SUV version. Agree, this is a bit on the excessive side. Not something I would be interested in, and not sure there are many people who would buy one. Not sure what niche it actually fills. They have a 7 passenger Wagoneer now that checks that box.
Yup. Mall Rated I guess.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I had 78K for this factory ride! Wrangler Rubi w/ Hemi 392, exhaust sound is amazing.
Giddy Up ! :)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Take out two rows of seats
drop the price by 40,000 and Id be the market for the first one posted ( if I won the lottery
I like the safari style roof especially

kevind

Reaction score
It's because right now:
1) the LR Safari look is hot
2) so are three row family vehicles.

Unfortunately, Jeep couldn't directly rip off LR, so they punted with that half top.

Below is an aftermarket Wrangler with full length Safai top:

Last edited:

kevind

Reaction score
For those who missed his link above, this is the Jeep three row Wrangler concept.

As someone who also owns a Commander, a three row Wrangler has some appeal. Just maybe a longer roof extension than above.

Umorgsm

Reaction score
I like it... I wheel a full size f250 and f150 ( yes I'm that guy lol) so this checks a lot of boxes for me

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it!
Agree that it needs the high roof to be extended forward.

However I believe my 2002 2.5 L CRD will be my last vehicle.....we will stay together to the end and I doubt that such a vehicle would make its way to South Africa! ;)

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
I just wonder why they would design/brand it a new vehicle when feasibly the could offer the cab cover and such as add options.

kevind

Reaction score
It's just a concept vehicle. Lets them judge public appeal. Some ideas / pieces make it through to production models. Remember the Chief concept? The name and color made it.

Latest posts

Members online