JBA's 4 inch rear coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has used JBA's 4 inch rear coils. OME heavy duty rear coils, plus 2 extra rear isolators is a common set up and would give a total of 3.5 inches of lift right? Also would OME 132L rear shocks work with the 4 inch springs? I was thinking of a frankinlift for the front.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about using 4 inch rear coils only (no isolators) instead of OME rear coils plus the 2 isolators.

JeepinJarhead03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they're excellent coils either way you go

i wanted to stay around 3" because my front coils just weren't hangin' in there.. everything was peachy till I hung the front bumper on and it was raked hard until I put the top spacers in and it's still raked.. just not as bad

i'd buy another set of 25's or the 4" coils in a heartbeat

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know of 3 sets in Ohio
each hauls a lot of weight so they opted to go that route
personally they're OK but still not what I would like to run

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know of 3 sets in Ohio
each hauls a lot of weight so they opted to go that route
personally they're OK but still not what I would like to run

Why, too much lift? I dont mind a slightly raked look as long as the rear is no more than 1 inch higher than the front.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Currently at 21.25, but wanting more. What I was thinking was frankinlift front and JBA's 4 inch coils rear. I wondered if anyone used this combination. A frankie would give me 22.5 or so in the front before it setteled? I want 22" front 23" rear.

Last edited:

blue_kjR417

Platinum Renegade
Reaction score
don't mean to hijack the thread here but I'm really interested in these 4" rear coils...

Tom what's the deal with them you don't seem too enthused?

My OME948's with two isolators and about 300lbs of tools and gear in my cargo area all of the time are already starting to show signs of settling after pulling a few trailer loads of motorcycles. Right after lifting I was setting at 23" in the front with 927's and shims but no clevis and 22" in the rear with 948's and two extra iso's on each side. Now I'm sure the front has settled some but not a very noticeable amount, the rear however looks to be doing so much faster. If I swapped to the JBA 4"s maybe when they started settling it'd be perfect about 23" in the front still and maybe 24" in the back? Would my Bilstien H7's be suphice or would I have to move up to the H5's?

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
don't mean to hijack the thread here but I'm really interested in these 4" rear coils...

Tom what's the deal with them you don't seem too enthused?

My OME948's with two isolators and about 300lbs of tools and gear in my cargo area all of the time are already starting to show signs of settling after pulling a few trailer loads of motorcycles. Right after lifting I was setting at 23" in the front with 927's and shims but no clevis and 22" in the rear with 948's and two extra iso's on each side. Now I'm sure the front has settled some but not a very noticeable amount, the rear however looks to be doing so much faster. If I swapped to the JBA 4"s maybe when they started settling it'd be perfect about 23" in the front still and maybe 24" in the back? Would my Bilstien H7's be suphice or would I have to move up to the H5's?

No problem. I was wanting to know the same thing. I had not heard of this combo, I like to try different things. Plus when we haul a trailer I hate it when the rear looks lower than the front.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With my 948s and two upper isos
and another one with the 4 inch
same amount of weight basically
both sit about the same height
so to me why spend the money when its doesn't give you anymore really
just my 2 cents
one on right 4 inch rear coils, one extra iso and 265-70-16 tires
one on left OME 948s two extra isos and 265-75-16 tires plus Rock Lizard rear bumper ( heavy) , Kilby gas tank skid ( heavy) and equal weight tools etc
look at amount of tire clearance above tires on both
and my roof rack is even heavier than his :rofl:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my 948s and two upper isos
and another one with the 4 inch
same amount of weight basically
both sit about the same height
so to me why spend the money when its doesn't give you anymore really
just my 2 cents
one on right 4 inch rear coils, one extra iso and 265-70-16 tires
one on left OME 948s two extra isos and 265-75-16 tires plus Rock Lizard rear bumper ( heavy) , Kilby gas tank skid ( heavy) and equal weight tools etc
look at amount of tire clearance above tires on both
and my roof rack is even heavier than his :rofl:
You must be registered for see images attach

Looks like yours is still taller are the 4" coils a lighter spring rate?

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting more lift on my wifes 02, 21.25 is OK, but more would be better. I'm curious to know your current measurements to.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What's your height measurement again Tom?
I'll have to measure ours when Jen gets home...
Rear
right side 24, left 23 7/8
front 23.40 both sides or some where in there above 23.25 but not quite 23.50 ( thats right under where it starts to complain when flexed out ) ha ha

It may change next week as I have a couple of ideas to try out

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
23" front is max correct, I dont want any CV problems. From everything I have read a frankinlift should be between 22" and 23" before settling

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
23" front is max correct, I dont want any CV problems. From everything I have read a frankinlift should be between 22" and 23" before settling
Franky will put you at 23 before settling or real close to that

Yes you should stay at 22.5 / 22.75 for parts to stay together ( CVs etc) or keep 4 or 5 extras laying on the shelf like I do.