JBA's 4 inch rear coils?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom, what do you recomend franky or OME 927 with a couple top plates
Can't use two top plates, only one per side
Heres the way I look at it, Franky is assembled and ready to go out of the box, easy install and will give you good lift and ride
Now install some 927s, 3/8 inch clevis and a top plate and you're right in the same neighborhood as the Franky, just have to break down the coils etc and have them assembled
ALSO no matter what the spacers in a Franky will creak, squeak every now and again to some its annoying, with just the springs etc there should be no noise. Something else to think about

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, that is what I meant one per side...
but on that note, something else I was wondering about- maybe you have thought of or done- on the front, if anyone has ever removed the 4 upper strut plate studs and replaced them with longer studs (or bolt) and used 2 spacer plates instead of one?

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just trying to think of other options to gain some extra lift for adding ARB bumper or a winch. I want a detours backbone and winch to go with the OME lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
927s and the extras work
I ran that setup with an ARB for 100,000 miles
then went to this setup I have now
If you're going to have the back bone and winch you could always go with 790s in the front with a little extra, works great been running them for over 30,000 miles now holding up real well. Until they get broke in a little firm but now rides like a Caddy down the road at 80, never even feel a bump when you glide over a Prius ! of course mines 790s plus some other extra parts but still.....:shrug::happy175:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did'nt know the franky would squeak, my wife would hate that, so I think I'll stay away from it since it's her daily driver. You guys have covered my questions and I thank you. Looks like a project for this winter OME shocks and springs 927/948 with 2 extra iso's per side and maybe JBA's upper A-arms.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It only does it every now and again but every once in a while someone buys one then thinks there is something wrong. I have Gasser Franky parts in mine, I hear it maybe once every month or so, but just wanted to throw that into the mix so you'd know

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I did'nt know the franky would squeak, my wife would hate that, so I think I'll stay away from it since it's her daily driver. You guys have covered my questions and I thank you. Looks like a project for this winter OME shocks and springs 927/948 with 2 extra iso's per side and maybe JBA's upper A-arms.

Just tell her it's all in her head!
And when you get in and go for a ride tell her you don't hear anything!:D

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It only does it every now and again but every once in a while someone buys one then thinks there is something wrong. I have Gasser Franky parts in mine, I hear it maybe once every month or so, but just wanted to throw that into the mix so you'd know

Thanks, I'll think about the Franky, but if I can get close to the same amount of lift with straight OME parts (plus clevis & top plate) might do that. Still have to talk the wife into it. She's happy with the lift thats on it now and I am to, but I keep putting a floor jack under the front and rear and jacking them up so she can see how much better it will look.

Members online

No members online now.