JBA-4.5's damaged by USPS Gorillas & Attack Border DOGS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I was not home when box showed up..VERY good thing for them!
Once my photobucket gets their act together and decides to fix what ever the F is wrong supposedly overnight, my photos again should re-appear and I will be able to post photos of what resembles a box.
:favorites68:

The box was torn to shreds literally.
The A-Arm ends were hanging out and scratched banged up.
Something crushed luckily only one of the ball joints when the shaft kinked hard over, and made the rubber boot below the castle nut, turn into silly putty.
:favorites68:
Marlin's been contacted....he is going to look at photos and access, but I am after a new boot and can do some touch up paint work here, I hope.:shrug:

I don't know about you Mitch by my opinion of his packing is:
Definitely time for something more heavy duty in the cardboard selection and actually tape all the bubble wrap tight around the a-arms and consider a cap protection for the ball joint & boot.
(yeahthat)
So now I wait again...MY Jeep so need these A-Arms installed like yesterday and this has to happen. F!:favorites68::favorites68:SOB:favorites68:C/S:favorites68::favorites68:MTFR!!

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I've had four sets shipped to my place and all arrived just like they were suppose to, not one problem. Just had a set come in last Friday as a matter of fact, blame UPS.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
IT WAS USPS TO BLAME !
TO add insult to injury, I had to pay $50 in taxes on top of the $70 United States Postal Service Rate, to have them clear border. A sticker note was on from customs: NOT inspected. Ya they did not have to, the arms were sticking out of the box!
Anyways Marlin will send me another boot, I will do touch up paint next week, then install..all will be well then. (hopefully)
Thank Goodness I have another vehicle to drive. This lift has been no fun at all.

Photo bucket has still have not repaired my site.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya this gets worse by the minute.
Even though I requested overnight packaged in a can or something strong, Marlin sent the new boot etc out by regular USPS in a flat carton box. I called him back to try to get it overnighted..will see what happens......
So I am not going to wait another week or so for his package, that is simply BS> BS> & More BS>..
Will order in a new ball joint locally from Spicer or Raybestos, that I can use the new boot from and get these A-Arms installed Monday. Big Period.
I am going to take what is left of the box into Canada Post and file a claim from my end.
I want my $70 in postage back just for the headache and condition of which it was shipped.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a PIA. I hope you can get your $70 back like you said.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Marlin is really trying to help me here and has two packages now sent, a 2nd boot on express 3 day service.
Thanks Marlin..that I can live with. Now lets just hope it makes it in one piece.
He has had to take the boots now off of two ball joints, and I will try to return the spare if it makes it here undamaged.
The saga continues...

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, that stinks. But it's great to here that the vendor is doing evrything short of driving them up there himself. Speaks well for JBA.

Seems about half the time I recieve something from UPS the box is all beat up. I preferred DHL, but they don't delvier domestically anymore.:disgust:

Good luck, and don't worry, all the headaches will make for good drinking stories in the future

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
HUH? What part stores Troy?
I doubt it would be the correct fitting part for K6-292.
When I called locally, response was have to order in K6, even Marlin had to remove boots from his complete BJ.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HUH? What part stores Troy?
I doubt it would be the correct fitting part for K6-292.
When I called locally, response was have to order in K6, even Marlin had to remove boots from his complete BJ.
I can walk into any locally here and buy one,be it advance auto,autozone,Napa,or CarQuest.Right on the self,no need to ask or take one from another balljoint.Some stores I get a choice of poly ones made by Energy Suspension or the no name rubber versions,range from $2-$5.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice I doubt it is like that here..but going to make some calls tomorrow...
Photo bucket back up, here are a few pics finally..
Note Marlin never put any tape around box nor the white plastic ties.
Someone had to do some serious recovery, to hold it together, after what ever happened.
39494[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

3 ends look like this.. need paint..!
39496[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• BoxBootDamage.jpg
    BoxBootDamage.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • JbaArmsDamage.jpg
    JbaArmsDamage.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Man I thought they were all torn up and unusable or something. Little touch up paint, new boot from the parts store and good to go. Those would of been installed the same day I got them.
Sorry you had problems, and can tell you're upset, but just thought it was way worse. :shrug:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Like initially stated it was touch up paint and a new boot.
I am pissed that the USPS damaged the packaging so bad that the a-arms fell out.
Much of the damage would have been reduced if Marlin would have taped the bubble wrap tight around them.
Unfortunately the packaging was torn and beaten up so bad that the A-arms fell out at one point, and the boot got crushed.
Just walking into a parts store here does not include finding immediate replacement boots.
Anyone who would receive their new A-Arms like this would be pissed too. No need for it

Last edited:

Xodius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense but I am with Tom. The scratches are superficial and the boot is an easy swap out. I would be perhaps a little irritated with the boot...figure just spent what 400 on them and to need a boot but at $2 for a boot big whoop.

I got my 4.5's from Marlin and they too had some scratches but that means nothing. Hell installing them you will scuff the paint. Now if I was building a show rig it would be different but then again it would get custom paint. For a DD or trail rig *shrug* to each their own.

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i hear ya i would be pissed if i paid for a new item and i recieved one that was all bashed up. We buy things new for them to be new, when it comes out looking like that anyone would be pissed and has a right to be. I dont think you should pull Marlins name through the mud. Call marlin tell him whats up and that he should package better, get your free boot and maybe a $10 gift card to JBA and it should be done deal it should never have made it to this forum just to try and make a fool out of Marlin. Ya maybe it wasnt the bast packaging but that guy bends over backward for us liberty guys so cut him a break.

Last edited:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Man I thought they were all torn up and unusable or something. Little touch up paint, new boot from the parts store and good to go. Those would of been installed the same day I got them.
Sorry you had problems, and can tell you're upset, but just thought it was way worse. :shrug:

Yeah,was thinking unusable,that falls under "no worries Mate"