JBA 2 1/2" Lift with UCA's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the subject lift installed. Do I need to have the CV's cut down? I thought that was only for over 2.5". I was hoping to use the Stock CV's for now. My mechanic has it up in the air and was following the instructions and this raised some concern.

Please advise. Thanks,

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People have ran stock ones with 4"+ so don't worry about those
This is one reason why you should try your hardest to do the lift yourself because mechanics will only try and have you buy more things that aren't needed, also because they don't have experience with KJs

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought I was ok but had a sudden panic when my mechanic called. This mechanic I trust and is helping me out. I was planning on tackling it myself but a recent hand surgery has me limited for the next few months. Lots of bad timing...but that's life I guess.

Thanks for getting back to me. Cheers!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
2.5 inches is nothing really
Ran a lot of miles at 4.5 inches of JBA COILOVER lift on the 04
The DD now with 2.5 inch coilover has the CVs sitting just about perfect IMO

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, of course I forgot to measure my height prior to installation. I seem to recall just under 19 inches from some time ago. What should the back be? I figure wait a month and then adjust the front to match. Btw, the shop gave me the parts they removed and I could easily compress the rear shocks with my hands and no rebound. Needless to say, riding very nicely now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do any of you JBA Coilover owners recall the "default dial settings"? I seem to remember 12 compression and 4 rebound but my paperwork is at home. And is zero full cw or full vcw?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Do any of you JBA Coilover owners recall the "default dial settings"? I seem to remember 12 compression and 4 rebound but my paperwork is at home. And is zero full cw or full vcw?

12 clicks on rebound, softer 11 clicks
4 clicks on compression , soft ride 3 clicks

did you get the rear shocks ? ( or for anyone else running them )
if so 11 clicks on rebound , soft ride 10 clicks
2 clicks on compression, soft ride 1 click

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not get the adjustable rear shocks. The srts is installed and riding well except for a rattle in the right front. Mechanic put sensors on the system and apparently the right front shock in the Coilover is bad. I want to make sure the settings didn't get changed. Before I reach out to Marlin. Thoughts? The rattle occurs when I hit a bump and sounds like a 2x4 bouncing in the wheel well (if that makes sense).

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not get the adjustable rear shocks. The srts is installed and riding well except for a rattle in the right front. Mechanic put sensors on the system and apparently the right front shock in the Coilover is bad. I want to make sure the settings didn't get changed. Before I reach out to Marlin. Thoughts? The rattle occurs when I hit a bump and sounds like a 2x4 bouncing in the wheel well (if that makes sense).

Yes make sure they are sit correctly first, could have a bad one but unlikely. Who set them you or him?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mechanic installed as is out of the box.

And there lies your problem I'll bet, he never set them
Mine were zeroed out, so after install I set them. Also to install its easier to have them zeroed out, then after setting height adjust to where you want them

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got m Libby back and checked this morning. The settings were correct at 12 and 4...I guess I need to swap it out.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Photos

Proof that it happened, as requested.

Attachments

• NOjneMh_resize.jpg
    NOjneMh_resize.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 47
  • qeuZaRl_resize.jpg
    qeuZaRl_resize.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 35
  • rMJmtFg_resize.jpg
    rMJmtFg_resize.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 37

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better lifted. You're not far away from me. How's the area? Too many wet behind the ears midshipmen running around?:happy175:

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I received a new cylinder for my problematic coilover. I am hesitant to have the strut rebuilt as I am not sure that is the issue. What could be rattling in the cylinder?

My symptoms: at low speeds, under 30mph, there is a rattle, best I can describe is like a 2x4 bouncing on the floorboard. Everything from the install is tight. Also, for what it's worth, I noticed that my front is measuring about 20 1/4" from center of wheel to flare.

Any thoughts?

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks much better lifted. You're not far away from me. How's the area? Too many wet behind the ears midshipmen running around?:happy175:
I was down there today and the Mids were out enjoying the day...seem like kids in their parents uniforms :)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So I received a new cylinder for my problematic coilover. I am hesitant to have the strut rebuilt as I am not sure that is the issue. What could be rattling in the cylinder?

My symptoms: at low speeds, under 30mph, there is a rattle, best I can describe is like a 2x4 bouncing on the floorboard. Everything from the install is tight. Also, for what it's worth, I noticed that my front is measuring about 20 1/4" from center of wheel to flare.

Any thoughts?

Just adjust up easy to do, then need another alignment
Problem with having someone install it without knowing what they're doing