ive narrowed my choices down. please help

Which tire should i get.

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK dont take this the wrong way but
why?
why buy AT's for dedicated off road duty
now if you said that you were buying Iroks for off road duty I would understand but AT's just sounds like a waste of money
^^^^^x2^^^^^

Kinda pointless to get AT's for just offroading.If that is all you will be using them for and have a different set for the street get a good MT tire.MT/R's are good,heck they make SuperSwamper TSL's that can fit a stock KJ.A good MT tire will get you more places then any AT tire will,even on a stock KJ.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^^^^^x2^^^^^

Kinda pointless to get AT's for just offroading.If that is all you will be using them for and have a different set for the street get a good MT tire.MT/R's are good,heck they make SuperSwamper TSL's that can fit a stock KJ.A good MT tire will get you more places then any AT tire will,even on a stock KJ.
I checked the Interco web site and couldn't find a tire that would fit the Libby, am I completely ******** or were you talking about the 30x11.50R16 TSL Thornbirds.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked the Interco web site and couldn't find a tire that would fit the Libby, am I completely ******** or were you talking about the 30x11.50R16 TSL Thornbirds.
I'd stay away from the thornbirds,they make plenty of tires that will fit a stock KJ,but you''l' need to drop to a 15x6 rim(those will fit on a KJ),they have TSL,SSR's,and TSL radials that are 29" or less.They make alot more that will fit a KJ with a lift in both the 15" and 16" sizes.There are others also like the MT/R's,Maxxis BigHorn radials,and even the BFG MT's that will fit a non-lifted and lifted KJ for 16" rims.

If I was unlifted and wanted a set of rims/tires just for offroad I would get a set of 15x6 "wagon wheel" steel rims(paint them black) and mount some Super Swamper TSL's(29x8.50-15's)on them and would have some killer offroad tires.Probally cost less then $600 for the tires and rims mounted(no use balancing TSL's).

Last edited:

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from the thornbirds,they make plenty of tires that will fit a stock KJ,but you''l' need to drop to a 15x6 rim(those will fit on a KJ),they have TSL,SSR's,and TSL radials that are 29" or less.They make alot more that will fit a KJ with a lift in both the 15" and 16" sizes.There are others also like the MT/R's,Maxxis BigHorn radials,and even the BFG MT's that will fit a non-lifted and lifted KJ for 16" rims.

If I was unlifted and wanted a set of rims/tires just for offroad I would get a set of 15x6 "wagon wheel" steel rims(paint them black) and mount some Super Swamper TSL's(29x8.50-15's)on them and would have some killer offroad tires.Probally cost less then $600 for the tires and rims mounted(no use balancing TSL's).

X2 on all that
I tried to get my LTB's balanced and 1 tire took 14+ OZ to balance
which was pointless because if you are like me and let your Jeep sit for a week or 2 with out moving they get some major flat spots
but then again when it does move it is on its way to a trail ride so after 2 miles or so when it is warm out and 5+ when it is cold they are fine
so in a few hours when I head for the trails I will be pissy until I get to the first meeting spot