Itz been a pain in the nutz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I've enjoyed the ride. Up in gatlinburg and pigeon forge. CEL is on. Smokin. But rides real well. Runs smooth. Guess I'll fix it. Up in the smokies today and 300 home tomorrow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 33

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I've enjoyed the ride. Up in gatlinburg and pigeon forge. CEL is on. Smokin. But rides real well. Runs smooth. Guess I'll fix it. Up in the smokies today and 300 home tomorrow.

I'm jealous - you're right near one of my favorite spots in the world along the Little Pigeon River in Wears Valley. Beautiful section of river has a few small rapids and a medium deep pool with a few trout. Watched a black bear while sitting on a big boulder next to the river.

That place is heaven on earth (Cheers)

Bob

Cpt Marvel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup. Drive through gatlinburg and up that little hill and back yesterday, then 280 miles home. Tomorrow gotta go to the other side of St. Louis and back, another 8 hours. Been thinking. When I bought the truck in August, the odometer had over 205k on it. The smokin I'm thinking is a head gasket and I'll put a compression gauge to it and check. Hopefully that's ALL it is. But that engine does not make a single audible rattle, knock, tap, squeal. Nothing. Is the VIN somewhere on the block so I can see if it's the original?

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stop by the auto parts store and pick up some Marvel Mystery Oil...good time to add it whilst on a road trip...

libertybob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Smoking

Is the smoke in the engine bay or coming out the exhaust pipe? If the engine bay, the most likely cause is leaking valve cover gaskets. I recommend Felpro replacements as have been very happy with them. If from the exhaust pipe, possibly valve seals, otherwise worn rings?