It's here. 2008 Jeep Liberty "KK" - Pics and Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that KK will do what my previous jeeps have. Its got room but can it handle the access roads? Also that tire under idea *****. Thats not the way. I would have to buy an after market tire rack for the back. I can't put spares on the top with my boats up there.

The KK should be nearly similar to the KJ regarding off-road handling and handling the access roads. As for the spare tire, that does suck. But what did people do who had XJ's? We put them on the aftermarket bumper or on the roof :p

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after seeing it I am dissapointed. I hoped for more of a Cherokee like clearance.

I'm wrangler bound for my next jeep. Picked up a brochure from the dealer this morning. Now I just have to come up with 33 grand for a rubicon!!!

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Marlon,

What is the actual clearance? I saw the break over angle in your post but whats the standing clearance?

mkaresh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the interior less than the KJ's. There's far less style here, and the interesting textures are gone. When it first came out, the KJ had about the nicest interior in any compact SUV. The KK strikes me as heading in the wrong direction.

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one word...Gross! Looks like a hummer h3 with a hint of landrover. I would be afraid to take it anywhere because i may scratch it. I hate the interior, its the reason i never liked the cherokees. That spare tire placement will be hell if you ever get a flat when offroading in the mud. The reason they did this is because of the bad response the liberty first got because it wasnt comfy enough for people expecting a more luxury type suv. Rain sensing wipers? imagine how much that would cost to fix if you busted that! Wayy to many little stupid fancy features to break if you go offroading that are going to cost an assload to fix.

Good luck trying to go down a steep hill nose first with that thing, the front bumper hangs a fair bit lower then the 02-07 liberties.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might be sold for the MyGig.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
When will 2008 be at the dealers for sure? Any %100 confirmed date?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
HMMMMM...

*holding off on that thought of paint job, wax, tires, wheels......*

Thanks, AZ.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
HMMMMM...

*holding off on that thought of paint job, wax, tires, wheels......*

Thanks, AZ.

lol! gonna be the first one here with a KK?

Man that is a horrible model code.

Wonder what the KL will look like? Oops, I've said too much. They're working on it as we speak. Darn it, my big mouth...

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
KL!? whatcha got man.. come on.. spill it.

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nope, not me... I don't like the idea of it being bigger and heavier with the same engine. The 3.7 is just barely good enough in the KJ in my opinion, so added weight would not be a good idea. Now the Nitro R/T? Yeah, I'm considering that one a little more.....but when the time comes I will have changed my mind about 17 times!

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i like the looks better, just hope it doesnt look as weird in person as the patriot does. the patriot looks like a 6 foot person wearing a suit that fits a 7 foot person, and shoes that fit a 4 foot person...think about it :)

the body is too big and bulky for the engine and frame, and the tires are too small for the body