It's here. 2008 Jeep Liberty "KK" - Pics and Specs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
holy sh*t Marlon, how did you find that.. no wait you are really Merlin!!!

=================

Mine:

Estimated Total Price: $32,506*

2008 Jeep Liberty Limited
$24,048*
-
4x4
$1,771*

Exterior Color: Black
Interior:pastel Slate Gray Leather

OPTIONS
- 3.7L V6 Engine
Standard
- 4-Speed Automatic VLP 42RLE Transmission
Standard
- Infinity® Premium Audio System with 8 Speakers Plus Subwoofer
Standard
- Sirius™ Satellite Radio with 1-year free service
Standard
-
AM/FM CD MP3 Navigation Radio
$2,189*
- Skid Plate Group
$231*
- Premium Group I
Included
- Premium Group II (includes Premium Group I)
$2,414*
- Full Size Spare Tire
Standard
- SELEC-TRAC II Full Time 4WD
$489*
- Engine Block Heater
$44*
- Sky Slider™ Power Full Open Roof
$1,320*

$2500 cash back, 0 Percent APR, some bargaining with the dealer, roll down the street with $27.5 out the door.

Hyedipin........I see "Merlin" beat you to pricing the KK.

I like your options, except for the $2.189 nav radio. That's too much $$$$. Take that off and use it for mods. Get a portable Nav and spend the rest on mods - yea - you could get real tires, and cragers, and....and.....and there I go spending your money..........

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:

I like your options, except for the $2.189 nav radio. That's too much $$$$. Take that off and use it for mods. Get a portable Nav and spend the rest on mods - yea - you could get real tires, and cragers, and....and.....and there I go spending your money..........

Dave

I agree. You can get a laptop and some Delorme software and sit it in the passenger seat for that price.. Thats what I do and I like it alot more than trying to see one of those little screens in the dash. ](*,)

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
feh, no diesel option so doesnt float my boat in the least,
sun roof is way cool tho wonder if it makes it loud inside w/ the wind whipping over that puppy.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Dave said:

Dave

I agree. You can get a laptop and some Delorme software and sit it in the passenger seat for that price.. Thats what I do and I like it alot more than trying to see one of those little screens in the dash. ](*,)

I think that price includes mygig?!? and not sure how big the screen will be wit this set up, i forgot how much the difference was between regular cd mp3 player or this one, but I like to have the original equipment on the dash. I know the price is steep, but if it really works good, i might be well worth it.

Something tells me that the final price will be higher. I am going to copy this config to my member diary section, to compare when the production rolls.

G

I don't like the new Liberty much. It looks like a mini Commander (which I really don't like) or Dodge Nitro. Looks very flashy and tacky (bling-bling look). KJ is much better looking (love my 05 Renegade); more classic "Jeep" looking.

Only thing I like is the roof thing but then if you want sun, star and wind, Wrangler's top/roof is better.

Well, when I buy next Jeep (I'm going to give 05 Renegade to my wife), I'll buy '07 Rubicon... '07 Rubicon is the best looking Jeep there is right now (in my opinion anyway). I fell in love in new Rubicon. I can't decide Unlimited (4 door) or 2 door though...

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anonymous said:
I don't like the new Liberty much. It looks like a mini Commander (which I really don't like) or Dodge Nitro. Looks very flashy and tacky (bling-bling look). KJ is much better looking (love my 05 Renegade); more classic "Jeep" looking.

Only thing I like is the roof thing but then if you want sun, star and wind, Wrangler's top/roof is better.

Well, when I buy next Jeep (I'm going to give 05 Renegade to my wife), I'll buy '07 Rubicon... '07 Rubicon is the best looking Jeep there is right now (in my opinion anyway). I fell in love in new Rubicon. I can't decide Unlimited (4 door) or 2 door though...

2 door all the way!

I agree - KJ = no bling, and all the better for it :)

G

And with the limited models, it looks like it comes with 17 or 18 inch rims- for which tire selection for good off road or all terrains seem to be much more limited......No thank you, I'll keep my 04 Rocky Mountain edition for quite some time now

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Video

Not that great, but here it is.

<object width="555" height="450"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nmZPzVRzXk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4nmZPzVRzXk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="550" height="450"></embed></object>

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
All new from the ground up. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. I'm so tired of reading that. IMO, it's STILL a "KJ".

Awaiting a test drive... don't think I'm going to be too impressed.

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are car introductions always so epic in America? I like the sound of the rockfall with about 4/5 rocks rolling slightly out of the way :)

Tokyojoe1965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The umbrella at the end showed exactly what CHRYSLER (not Jeep) meant by building the new LIBERTY from the ground up.

They were afraid to get the interior wet! It is a JEEP!!!

It looked like the sliding roof got stuck for a second at the beginning.

I wonder how much the guy holding the umbrella over the announcers head got paid?

Back to my first paragraph. Can you say, soccer mom, urban dweller? The amount of changes does not make it a Liberty. It is a baby commander. They should have renamed it and kept the current Liberty the way it is. Name the new vehicle the Cherokee. Of course, our international bretheren will still have it called the Cherokee.

R.Rabbit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...down the rabbit hole just ahead of Alice.
I like on the interior on how the back seat folds completely flat. Definately my biggest complaint about our current model Libby. Yeah, I do haul stuff it in.

save your money on the nav kit as mentioned above and buy a roof rack so you have some where to put your full size spare once you buy bigger tires and lift it. :-#

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
R.Rabbit said:
save your money on the nav kit as mentioned above and buy a roof rack so you have some where to put your full size spare once you buy bigger tires and lift it. :-#

Now, there's a good thought.............get that spare out of the way.

Dave

csukoh78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't like it, not one bit. True, our KJ's are kinda cute, but with the right aftermarket goodies, it not only looks good, but fantastic. Just right. The KJ looks like it is fluid and functional and tough. Well put together, tough but pleasant, and it sure is the right size, comfort, etc etc. Perfect.

This thing.....ugh Looks like a brick. It is NOT Jeep-like at all! And that roof!!! Jesus, coming from Chrysler that will be a nightmare. Mark my words. It just seems like they sold out to the luxury crowd.

My Liberty gets filthy, and it actually looks better the dirtier it gets. I dont see a whole lot of people taking their new jeweled KK's out. And, one final bit, I think I'll keep my KJ until it dies now. I think the KJ models will become much more valuable with this disaster. Just my $0.02.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Not like a Jeep? Uh...

All Jeeps before the WJ Grand Cherokee and Liberty were boxy. That was Jeep-like. What's old is new at Jeep again. :)

Oh, and ENBr, the Liberty reveal was boring to me. I've seen much better work done with car introductions. Wrangler drove through an auto show and up a "mountain". The original Grand Cherokee drove THROUGH a building... original Liberty.. down a manmade mountain... this one was nothing...

Moun10eer

Reaction score
I totally agree with you, csukoh78! My '05 Lt. Khaki Renegade looks so cool with all the mud and other dirt on it! (at least that's what I think... maybe everyone else thinks it's nasty! hehe) Wrangler, Cherokee, Liberty and other older Jeep models, they look really great "dirty". I always thought Jeep is the only cars that looks great when it's dirty... that's the best part of owning Jeep, don't need to wash so often to look good. Not so these days.

I'm sure that new Liberty (KK) is as capable as KJ... but I can't picture KK getting dirty. I can't picture driving it on unmaintained National Forest road in the Cascades or High Sierra. Modified KJ looks as good as Wrangler on Rubicon Trail or Moab... KK!? I'm sure someone would make it looks nice but right now, I can't picture KK on Rubicon Trail.

KJ looks great with lift and rugged mud tires... KK?? I don't know... Looks like more KK buyers would wear huge bling rim with performance tires (one of those thin looks like sports car tires)... I've seen that bling look - shiny huge rims with performance tires and lots of other shiny stuff around the car- on Commander and newer Grand Cherokee often around here in Seattle. New Liberty is definitely more targeted to luxury crowd.

I can't imagine changing the tires with KK especially in the muddy/snow trail either. I don't know much about it but do I have to go crawl underneath of the car to get the spare? I had to do change one time with my KJ on slushy/muddy trail but thanks to having spare on the back, it wasn't much of a hussle.

All that said, I understand that Jeep needs to capture more "mass audience" in order to survive... KK would be great for that role (compact-mid size SUV) and hopefully sells a lot. The rest (minor audience who loves off-road adventure) can get Wrangler or Wrangler Unlimited... or of course, we can keep KJ for that purpose.

Last edited:

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I was reminded of these photos I found a while ago. For anyone wondering where the '05 refresh and '08 redesign came from... dig ALL THE WAY BACK TO 1997...

You must be registered for see images attach

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man, that is a sweet looking jeep!!!

I wish they would put out a modernized XJ like the one Marlon posted there. I would buy that in a flash. That thing looks awsome.

I still have my old 85' Cherokee Chief in storage. Some day I am going to pull that baby out redo the body, engine, tanny and transfer, and turn it to an all out mtn assult vehicle.

I love my libby but I feel that DC is kinda leaving the practical application Outdoor suv crowd out of the picture. I am afraid that if you want a real Jeep 4x4 you are going to either have to buy a Wangler or used KJ, ZJ, or XJ's. I see this trend by the pinheads at DC to go the way of many other SUV companies for pretty but useless suv's.

Stupid IMHO. I buy a jeep cause I use it for what it was designed for not just to look cool on the way to Sams Club. I think that is one reasons Jeep owners are so proud and keep coming back. These thing mean buisiness. They are not toy SUV's. DC is going to lose out if they go the way of the luxury SUV Market. Way stiff competition in that arena. They would be better to keep a few models other than Wranger with their traditional Multi pupose outdoor folks market.

Look at the FJ that toyota is making! Where is DC reponse to that? The KK? I hope not. It looks like a suped up grocery getter on steriods! I want a jeep with some GROUNG clearence.

Dark days are ahead if so. I guess after my KJ dies I will have to get a Wrangler X with a hard top and try to rig it up to carry my kayaks and all my gear I have to haul.

Thats why I love my Libby and My chief before it. Cause I could get all my gear to where I needed to go dry and inside. I don't think that KK will do what my previous jeeps have. Its got room but can it handle the access roads? Also that tire under idea *****. Thats not the way. I would have to buy an after market tire rack for the back. I can't put spares on the top with my boats up there.

I give it thumbs down at first blush. I could be wrong but I think I'll stick with my Renny!!!

IMHO

Last edited:

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought two 2007's

In the past month I bought TWO 2007's - first, a Limited 2wd for my wife, liked it so much I went back and bought a Sport 4wd 6 speed - the sum total for the two was $5,000 LESS than a 2007 Tahoe 4wd I had been looking at.

Kind of glad I didn't wait for the 2008 Liberty - crawl ratio is less, and the underslung spare tire is mucho problema when driving off-road.

I am concerned, as others have mentioned, it may be just the Wrangler for the off-road crowd. In fact, there aren't too many choices from any manufacturer for a real off-road vehicle right now. The ground clearance for the front bumper on the Tahoe I was tooking at was a whopping 4 inches!