It's Finally Done and I'm Loving it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love your jeep man, I like her stance! Heard too about Pathfinder tires being good at mud.

texrider

Reaction score
I see you didn't use the spacers supplied with the JBA arms....

I was just noticing that. About ready to put mine in and wondering if I need the spacer our not? My arms don't have a blue boot cover either.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The castellated nut for the ball joint needs to be pinned with a cotter pin....if the ball joint shaft extends into the top of the knuckle too far then the nut will tighten up to the correct torque value and be beyond the range of the hole...you will be able to tell if you need the spacer or not by test-fitting the balljoint to the knuckle and hand tightening the nut...on my '04 I definitely needed the spacer....the boot cover color is probably due to normal manufacturing supply changes....

texrider

Reaction score
Found a thread this morning that helped. Said the Raybestos has the blue boot and usually doesn't need the washer. The Moog has the black boot and usually does need the washer.

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, folks. Barnwell is 3.5 hours from here so not exactly close. Trying to move to Lake Livingston here in Texas and there is a National Park with OHV Trails real close. Hope to be moved in about 3 months. Hopefully it will be time to get my Detroit Locker. Anyone done any off roading in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing special Streetglideok. Just melted it back together like everyone else. Every Jeep is a little different I hear so I don't know why yours would rub when mine didn't if you have the same setup. I recently did the 3/8" Clevis lift and went to 3 isos instead of 2 in the rear. I like it.

DaleKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine didn't need the spacer with the JBA upper A-arm. Fit perfect without it and it would not have fit properly with it.