It'll never happen to me ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From working at a bodyshop(a GM/Jeep dealer) for 3 years that type of stuff is not tolerated,the bodyshop manager and the tech should have been fired on the spot.Believe it or not alot of our business was fixing other bodyshop's screw-ups,the dealership I worked at had a bad rep(hey it was a job) but the bodyshop portion was highly regareded as the best in the area unlike the service department.I've seen some shady things like airbags(bought off ebay) that where filled with newspaper,fenders held on with zip-ties,and pickup bed sides that where bolted on.I'm pretty sure the manager will make things right since he was un-aware.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I mentioned that they could maybe just put the harness in some split loom tubing and cable tie it with some anchors instead and they looked at me with the look that said "damn never thought of that!".

So my gut feeling here is that they DID indeed replace the airbag but had some parts left over. No lights on the dash i assume to indicate otherwise?

That is exactly what I thought would be better, but then wondered if it had to be water tight or not.

Thank you SOOOOO much for telling me all of this ... phew! It restores enough of my faith in them (dealership) to be at ease with the fact that I let them continue instead of blowing my big a$$ whistle ... :D or sicin' TC and Socks after them !!

If it (airbag) can be checked after the dash piece is already installed ??? I will definitely. He did mention that he ordered 3 sets of brackets for some reason but as I said before a little communication would have prevented most of the problem .. and my subsequent gray hair growth! no CEL so far.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder if they could have simply pulled the air bag fuse to eliminate the air bag light from coming on? I thought the air bag SRS system was separate from CE light.
But if they had ordered spare brackets that would explain the left over parts.
Hopefully no more mysteries, and everything gets "straightened out"

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they could have simply pulled the air bag fuse to eliminate the air bag light from coming on? I thought the air bag SRS system was separate from CE light.
But if they had ordered spare brackets that would explain the left over parts.
Hopefully no more mysteries, and everything gets "straightened out"
Pulling the airbag fuse will turn on the airbag light.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Final update .. with any luck :D

Got her back today .. better than ever!

They fixed the uneven gaping, got the grab handle in, straightened out my steering wheel, bought me a new fender flare on the non accident side because the retaining clip was broken (before I bought it .. snicker), topped up my coolant and installed new OEM rotors in the front because I had some shuddering under hard braking ... all gratis!

I told him that "Assuming everything is a good as it looks this time", he has won my business.

Thanks again everybody!

posted some quick Vids here :

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43255

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final update .. with any luck :D

Got her back today .. better than ever!

They fixed the uneven gaping, got the grab handle in, straightened out my steering wheel, bought me a new fender flare on the non accident side because the retaining clip was broken (before I bought it .. snicker), topped up my coolant and installed new OEM rotors in the front because I had some shuddering under hard braking ... all gratis!

I told him that "Assuming everything is a good as it looks this time", he has won my business.

Thanks again everybody!

posted some quick Vids here :

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43255
Awesome!(Cheers)