Is this coolant ok? OAT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It says its suitable for Jeep on the bottle? Its so darn hard to find HOAT in Australia.

Lot of them say that but :Bye:
I have some extra , look up in the sky, I'll throw ya a couple of jugs over :happy175:

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Newer Jeeps take OAT (2013+ I think, my 2015 Cherokee takes it), but yeah that one won't work for the KJ. Have you looked for Zerex G05? It's a Valvoline product, so maybe that helps?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks. It says its suitable for Jeep on the bottle? Its so darn hard to find HOAT in Australia.

Ford's Premium Gold coolant found at any Ford dealership is HOAT,you also can buy HOAT coolant at any Chrysler dealership.

Be careful at the Chrysler dealers since they went to OAT coolant for modle year '13+.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think those look right, definitely not the orange one, no way a universal would be HOAT. The first one is HAT and they said it's a mix of inorganic and organic. HOAT is organic. I'm not a chem engineer but that sounds different to me.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Damotee

Full Access Member
Reaction score

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
There you go, that's the stuff. Never seen it in green, but HOAT is HOAT and the color doesn't matter. Cool stuff!