Is the Renegade worth the extra $$$

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StuckInTheMidWest

Reaction score
So as I've been looking at used KJ's for sale on Autotrader and such.....It seems that the Renegade package is a little bit more money. Is it really worth the dough? From what I understand, from reading the forum, it has a higher amp alternator and more lights. other than that, any major differences? BTW, I do think they look kinda cool.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also has all 4 skids installed from factory.
So flares + light bar + skids, not sure if the rims change

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yessir the Renegade is way better! I may be biased, but the 06 Renegades are the best, especially the silver ones :D Skid plates, tow hooks, fender flares, flat hood, better lookin grill, extra useful lights, it was no question for me!

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely prefer the Renegade over my friend's Sport!! I think just having that light bar on the top makes it look much...er...shall we say, "beefier," as my friends put it. Mine only has three skid plates I think, but I could just be missing one, I've never completely crawled around under there and looked. The Renegades also have blueish rims with silver along the outside as opposed to just plain silver rims. And until this morning my Rene has given me no engine problems =[

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I would not trade mine ... It's all about the hood and rims for me!

oh and FYI not all (05) Renes came with skids so be sure to look if it's a deal breaker for ya.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are paying for looks not function
all KJ,s function basically the same just that
1 is plush ,Limited
1 is basic ,sport
1 looks cool ,renni.
You decide what you need
for me the LTD was over kill but the wife gets what the wife
wants
as long as it had 4lo I was happy

Boiler

Reaction score
I picked a renegade because I liked the looks. They don't all have the bigger alternator, they don't all have the hood, or the rims, or the skids, or the lightbar, or the fender flares.

But those are all things that they do often get. You have to look it over and decide. I believe we also have different foglights, but that might be just model year differences, I don't remember.

Mine specifically had the flares, hood, and rims. No skids, lightbar, and I frankly have no idea about the alternator.

I'm glad I got what I did though. I'm going to have way better skids soon and my rack lights are plenty cool.

Here is a picture of my hood, rims, foglights, and flares. It is kind of hard to see, but the rims are aluminum with certain painted surfaces. They are pretty nice.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
All rennies got the alternator. Just '05-6 Rennie alternators are different from '02-4s.

Only 05-6 Rennies got the hood.

02-4 Rennies got the body colored flares, 05-6 got bare plastic riveted flares.

Not a single 05-6 Rennie got the light bar from the factory.

Just to clear that up

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, they were a dealer-installed accessory. Never once did you see a new one roll off the transporter with it.

That would be ThunderbirdJunkie's biggest hurdle when shopping for an 05-6 Rennie though, because so many of them got them

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought all Renegades came with the light bar, but in 05-06 there was a light bar delete option.

Tan, you can get heated leather in the Rene..... :D

RenegadeJay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been so jealous when I see a Rene with the light bar and the bumper mounted lights. I would love the light bar but aside from the price, I am a chicken when it comes to drilling holes through my roof. Oh, and I have no skids at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online