Is the Jeep Patriot the new KJ!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but remember when Jeep said the Liberty wasn't EVER going to replace the Cherokee. We all saw how that ended up. So I'm not so sure.

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
desertkj said:
Yeah, but remember when Jeep said the Liberty wasn't EVER going to replace the Cherokee. We all saw how that ended up. So I'm not so sure.

Agreed. I think the liberty and the patriot are far too similar to both stay in the market. One of them will have to go or be changed a lot.

I'm thinking that the patriot isn't going to go or be changed a lot anytime soon, since it just got there, so that means liberty is going or changing.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone,
As of right now Jeep will be building a 2008 redesigned model of the Liberty. The company I work for put a bid in to obtain the contract (5 year) for the 2008 Liberty Door Trim Panels. This redesign means cosmetic and some features. Currently we have built all Liberty Door Trim Panels since its induction. We also build the WK (Grand Cherokee) and XK (Commander) door trim panels.

The Lib is here to stay for at least another 5 years, at least.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
I don't see it. The two vehicles are in two different size classes! For the Patriot to even have somewhat NEAR the cargo space of the Liberty, it HAS to fold its front passenger seat down, and it's STILL a few cubic feet smaller.

They aren't comparable, IMO.

Having driven a Dodge Caliber before, this thing (PM/MK) isn't close to the size of the Liberty.

Latest posts

Members online