Is a Willys decal wrong

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjCherokee

Reaction score
Is it wrong to put a Willys decal on my Liberty? I put them on my hood because I inherited the jeep from my grandpa who’s name was William and I thought it was a cool reminder but now thanks to the jeep reddit I kinda feel bad about “fake badges”.

Did I do something wrong? I didn’t feel like I had because Willys wasn’t a sub model for libertys. But now I’m not so sure. :/

All this just because I asked for advice on my 18” wheel swap on there.

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 20

seafish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep it simple...Your Jeep, your money, your choice!!!

While I personally prefer a completely de-badged look on my vehicles, I think that Willys emblem looks GREAT on your newly painted yellow truck.

Furthermore, I think its REALLY cool that you feel like honoring your grandpa in such a unique way!!!

F*** the naysayers!!!

Last edited:

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
It's no more a Willys than the Mahindras that had the name (word?) pressed into body panels, whatever it is that Jeep (by any other name) have decided to attach the name to (because history/heritage/pedigree/nostalgia sells!) or, for that matter, my XJ that carries Willys Service Dept signs on the front doors (courtesy of a PO) - so what?

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should see my wife's renegade, it's dripping in Jeep nostalgia! Or easter eggs as they call them.
As for the Liberty, I like your stickers and it's yours so do what you want.