iPod & Cell Phone Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a mounting bracket with a double-wide mount to hold my iPod and cell phone, from ProClip (www.proclipusa.com). Nice sturdy set up. Had to mount it on right side of dash thus partially blocking center-right vent, but a single unit set up would mount on left between instrument hood and left-center vent. Now to figure how to stash the power wire from the plug.

If I knew how to post pictures I would do so. Can e-mail jpegs if anyone wants to see how it looks.

Marty[/img]

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to serve the pics somewhere and then link to them here.

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good. But you ought to think about getting rid of that iTrip and wire it into the back of your radio, using an adaptor for the cd changer control port on the back of the head unit. I did it, and I am amazed at the difference in sound quality. But your mount looks really great.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IPod wiring to Radio

D: I'd love to do that.

Can you provide instructions on how you did that? How to dismantle radio, what kind of adapter to use at the radio and at the iPod, where to attach it to the radio, etc? I'm not very knowledgeable about that kind of stuff.

Does your install leave a wire protruding from the dash, or did you feed it somewhere hidden like the glove box? Does the wiring just plug into the top of the iPod?

Marty

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: IPod wiring to Radio

Marty said:
D: I'd love to do that.

Can you provide instructions on how you did that? How to dismantle radio, what kind of adapter to use at the radio and at the iPod, where to attach it to the radio, etc? I'm not very knowledgeable about that kind of stuff.

Does your install leave a wire protruding from the dash, or did you feed it somewhere hidden like the glove box? Does the wiring just plug into the top of the iPod?

Marty

the adaptor plugs into the back of the head unit, where the factory cd changer would plug in. I just plug that wire into the earphones port on my iPod. I ran the wire under the transmission tunnel and out under the passenger seat...don't have my pod mounted to the dash. I will come back with links in a minute for all that you need....

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
iPod Adapters

Thanks, Guys:

Will let you know when I get up the nerve to do it! But looks easy.

Marty

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
Re: iPod Adapters

Marty said:
Thanks, Guys:

Will let you know when I get up the nerve to do it! But looks easy.

Marty

no biggie...taking out the radio is one of the easiest thing..
i once changed my neon's stock radio in a parking lot after buying a sony HU....LOL...(tho the neon's u just had to pull out the bezel...)

Se7enLC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I did with my iPod:

http://photos.jeffornot.com/Jeep

It's an Alpine head unit and the iPod changer adapter. The adapter is around $80 and you can just throw it under the seat and it drives the iPod like a CD changer. The head unit is a standard Alpine (any model will work). I picked one that does single CD and MP3 CDs as well just to have a few options for musical delivery. All said and done it was around $330 from Crutchfield (not including the iPod, of course, but that was free on the infamous internet pyramid scheme).

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice solution. Ooooh - I want that 6 speed ******!

Marty

cameoex

Reaction score
What about connecting the iPod to the RB1 Nav unit? Anyone found a way to do that? Doesn't Alpine make the RB1....I am wondering if the adapter from alpine would work with the rb1. Anyone go a picture of the back of an RB1...trying to see if the cd changer connection is the AI-Net connector.

Another possibility I just found is the Monster cable iCruze....if the RB1 has the same cd changer connection as the non-AI-Net units from Alpine, the iCruze should work.

http://www.monstercable.com/iCruze/overview.asp